Go-Pro rental

Dawnie H

We just bought the new Go Pro Hero Session for less than $200. You might want to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ditto $199, we love it. Superior color and clarity, just buy it! The only thing it does not have is Zoom. We are taking it to Alaska with us for some awesome vids.

I am thinking about buying one for our cruise to Europe next month, Is it easy to use and is it easy to down load the pictures and video to a laptop or I-Pad. What mounting accessories did you get for it and the cost of the accessories? Any info would be helpfull

Its a snap, basically just push the on button to film, there is another button for modes, super simple. We found the size of the Session (1.5" cube) >the ones with the LED screen was more of a draw than having the bigger Silver or Black. If you think about it, when snorkeling and ziplining, how often do you look at the screen, hardly ever, you just turn it on and go with it. The Session has an auto off feature so it turns itself off after awhile when you push the filming button so it doesn't waste any battery. It will film for 2.5 hrs on one charge. Who ever needs that much before you download it to your laptop. We'd do that every day when we returned to ship and charge it. We bought a portable charge unit, but we never needed it.

My hubby bought a baseball cap on Amazon with a mount so basically just film everywhere you walk, which would be great for your ziplining. We also bought full face snorkel masks that have a mount so we got super cool snorkeling vids. And Go Pro has their own free video editing program, It was super. We bought a stick and a float for it, but ended up tearing the float so just don't use that, keep it on the stick.

Edited by BecciBoo

Thanks for the info I think I am sold on it. We did an Alaska cruise last year and wish I had it then, next month we are doing a Barcelona to Venice for the first time so when my wife falls out of the Kayak in the river in Montenegro I want to make sure I catch it with the Go Pro!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late but just in case you are still looking. I bought an off brand go pro type camera on Amazon last year for about $60 and it has been great. I have compared my video side by side to go pro videos and there is very little difference, if any. It uses the same style mounts so any that are compatible with a go pro will work with it as well. I can post a link to the exact one that I purchased if anyone is interested.