Jewel to Alaska - June 4 - 11

Florida 1

Glad you liked my review - the Jewel and Alaska was wonderful!

I read about upsells about 7-8 weeks before we sailed so I read and researched and decided to try it, though we already had a great balcony cabin booked. About a month out, the prices began dropping and rising a few times a day as I imagine upsells were happening behind the scenes. I got nowhere calling the upsell line a few times. Finally I called my TA to see what options might be available and after having to work with them on what was showing on other websites, I got a fantastic deal on the aft penthouse suite. I believe that certain cabins must be "allocated" to certain online travel agents for a time and is why something available here is not showing available there, etc. and possibly why NCL couldn't help me when I called. My TA didn't see the cabin I wanted as available until I told her where I saw it as available, then it was a long wait on hold as she located said cabin and held it while I decided.

The suite was definitely worth it, if nothing more than the space and priority embarkation/debarkation!

Edited by Florida 1

Tracey, we originally booked our SE and it came with UBP SDP Shore Excursion Credit and Internet Package. I kept calling for an Upsell but there was either a Haven we did not want, nothing was available or as we were only 2-3 days out I was told there where no higher categories available than what we already had booked.

Did you get all the perks that came with a Penthouse with the Upsell?

Edited by hawgwildterry

We did, and surprisingly our TA still gave us the original OBC they had when we booked. We didn't use the shore excursion credits as we booked outside of NCL, and only a bit of the arcade credits since it was usually full of kids (and no ski-ball????). We did have to pay slightly higher gratuities, but that was not a problem.

Thanks Tracey, for our Panama Canal cruise I'm pretty sure we will have a balcony unless the Upsell Department makes an offer I can't refuse. Years ago the re-positioning Panama Canal cruises where a very good deal. Seems the cruise lines got smart to how popular they are and adjusted their prices upward. :cool:

We did enjoy the UBP SDP 250min Internet Package and $50 excursion credit. Our best dinner was at Le'Bistro. The absolute best bartenders were next to the Le'Bistro where the piano man was always playing. O'Sheehan's was just an all around great place to grab a quick bite to eat.

Glad you liked my review - the Jewel and Alaska was wonderful!

I read about upsells about 7-8 weeks before we sailed so I read and researched and decided to try it, though we already had a great balcony cabin booked. About a month out, the prices began dropping and rising a few times a day as I imagine upsells were happening behind the scenes. I got nowhere calling the upsell line a few times. Finally I called my TA to see what options might be available and after having to work with them on what was showing on other websites, I got a fantastic deal on the aft penthouse suite. I believe that certain cabins must be "allocated" to certain online travel agents for a time and is why something available here is not showing available there, etc. and possibly why NCL couldn't help me when I called. My TA didn't see the cabin I wanted as available until I told her where I saw it as available, then it was a long wait on hold as she located said cabin and held it while I decided.

The suite was definitely worth it, if nothing more than the space and priority embarkation/debarkation!

That's awesome! We are booked with an aft mini suite but I am very interested to find out if there would be upgrades available. I will have to keep an eye out and contact my TA. We are currently 8 weeks out. Thanks for the information!

• 5 weeks later...