1st time on Adventure of the Seas

Have only sailed Oasis Class ships. Hoping this will not be a disappointing cruise from San Juan.

Normally once aboard the ship we proceed to the Park Café for a roast beef sandwich. But it is my understanding that there is no Park Café aboard so I am wondering where everyone goes to get a meal once aboard the Adventure. And what would be good to eat. I know that the ship is going to be refurbished in October and am waiting to find out what will be new.

Windjammer or Cafe Promenade.

Press release

ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS TO UNDERGO $61M REVITALIZATION

Guests Can Embark on a Reinvented Adventure from San Juan, Puerto Rico Beginning November 2016

MIAMI, June 10, 2016 – Royal Caribbean International will debut a robust array of all-new thrills and enhancements onboard Adventure of the Seas this November, including new dual racer waterslides, Cyclone and Typhoon, the popular FlowRider surf simulator, and a children’s aquapark, Splashaway Bay. In addition, guests will enjoy a new lineup of culinary and entertainment venues with Izumi Japanese Cuisine, the brand’s signature steakhouse, Chops Grille and Boleros Latin Lounge. The ship also will receive more than 100 new staterooms, a refresh of all existing staterooms and a brand new Suites Lounge for the luxury traveler.

The reinvented Adventure is Royal Caribbean’s fifth ship to undergo revitalization, and at $61 million this will be the brand’s largest investment yet. The massive project will introduce some of the trademark innovations the cruise line is known for, bringing the best of Royal Caribbean onboard.

“We’re thrilled to debut an array of new enhancements to one of our guest’s most beloved ships,” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “The name Adventure says it all; this ship is packed with action, featuring a mix of signature features and innovations, including thrilling new waterslides and VOOM, the fastest internet at sea.”

Adventure of the Seas offers vacationers a chance to explore the Caribbean even deeper with itineraries, sailing from San Juan, Puerto Rico to the most sought-after spots in the Southern Caribbean, including Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St. Johns, Antigua; Basseterre, St. Kitts; and Philipsburg, St. Maarten.

Other features offered on the Voyager-class ship include the Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, three pools including the adults-only Solarium, a rock climbing wall, basketball court, Windjammer Café, Johnny Rockets and the three-story Main Dining Room. Adventure also delivers exhilarating entertainment options, with complimentary Broadway-style entertainment in the main theater, ice-skating shows in Studio B, and the lively Royal Promenade with its parties, parades, dance and shopping outlets.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The RCI news release reiterates some of the new items that had already been announced, but there is a cruise critic thread (found here- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2360985&highlight=adventure) that will give you and your fellow cruisers more of an idea of what is new, where it will be, etc. We also continue to get feedback from those who have recently gotten off Adventure of the Seas, on additional items that may be changing with the refurb, on that thread.

The ship should be in tip top shape with a lot of exciting things to do. Have fun! I sail on Adventure of the Seas in February and am very excited!

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict
typos

Have only sailed Oasis Class ships. Hoping this will not be a disappointing cruise from San Juan.

Normally once aboard the ship we proceed to the Park Café for a roast beef sandwich. But it is my understanding that there is no Park Café aboard so I am wondering where everyone goes to get a meal once aboard the Adventure. And what would be good to eat. I know that the ship is going to be refurbished in October and am waiting to find out what will be new.

Are you sailing before or after the Oct/Nov revitalization?