Dining reservations on Pride of America

ski_mom

We have a group of 9 and I went to ncl's website to set up some dining reservations.

Right now, the only complimentary restaurant showing up to make a reservation at is the Liberty Main Dining Room. It's my understanding that the Skyline is also a main dining room. Does that one not take reservations? Is there a difference between the two?

The only reason I'm wanting to set up reservations is because of our party size. I don't really want to end up waiting for a long time if we can avoid it.

Thanks!

We have a group of 9 and I went to ncl's website to set up some dining reservations.

Right now, the only complimentary restaurant showing up to make a reservation at is the Liberty Main Dining Room. It's my understanding that the Skyline is also a main dining room. Does that one not take reservations? Is there a difference between the two?

The only reason I'm wanting to set up reservations is because of our party size. I don't really want to end up waiting for a long time if we can avoid it.

Thanks!

We sailed on May 14 with a group of 13. We just called the reservations desk, usually a couple of hours before we wanted to dine, sometimes not even with that much anticipation. Even though wait times are usually not long or nonexistent for smaller groups, my suggestion is that you definitely make a reservation whenever possible. We walked into the Cadillac Diner one late afternoon and, even though they were not busy, they were not happy that such a large group showed up. They asked that the next time we call ahead.

We sailed on May 14 with a group of 13. We just called the reservations desk, usually a couple of hours before we wanted to dine, sometimes not even with that much anticipation. Even though wait times are usually not long or nonexistent for smaller groups, my suggestion is that you definitely make a reservation whenever possible. We walked into the Cadillac Diner one late afternoon and, even though they were not busy, they were not happy that such a large group showed up. They asked that the next time we call ahead.

Thank you for the information. I might go ahead and set up a reservation for our first night and then just call day of for the others.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the information. I might go ahead and set up a reservation for our first night and then just call day of for the others.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. On the first day, from 5pm to 7pm, there's a bbq and entertainment by the pool deck. You may want to hang out there instead of making dinner reservations. It was loads of fun. For the sail away we hung out on deck 13 by the new cabanas. There was hardly anyone there, so we had a great view of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back, so thought I'd follow up with how it worked out for us.

We tried to make reservations a couple of nights and would not have been able to make a reservation until around 8:30 most nights which was later than we were wanting. So, we just walked in and most nights, they could get us a table for 4 and one for 5 next to each other. A couple of nights, we were able to get one of the tables for 9 just walking in, but I'd say if you definitely want to eat together each night and you have a large party, it would be best to pick a time and make reservations well ahead of time.

To us, we didn't have firm enough plans to know way ahead of time when we'd be back to eat, so we just had to go with what we could get (which worked out fine for us).

You're welcome. On the first day, from 5pm to 7pm, there's a bbq and entertainment by the pool deck. You may want to hang out there instead of making dinner reservations. It was loads of fun. For the sail away we hung out on deck 13 by the new cabanas. There was hardly anyone there, so we had a great view of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head.

Could you please elaborate on the BBQ and entertainment? Sounds like fun!

Thanks!

The main difference is that the Liberty has a dress code of long pants and collared shirts for the men, dresses or nice pants and tops for the ladies. Once on board you can make reservations for the Skyline dining room. I highly recommend with your party size. We were 14.We ate there first night and most breakfasts. I do not do buffets. If you want any specialty restaurants, do it now. They book up fast. we had the dining package, it is better than doing a la carte.

Could you please elaborate on the BBQ and entertainment? Sounds like fun!

The food was a buffet of what you would typically find at a bbq: hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork, coleslaw, salads. I honestly can't remember what they had for dessert, but I'm sure they must have had something.

The entertainment started with Hawaiian music and dancers. After that they had a DJ, and the entertainment group that does the nightly shows did some dancing. Passengers were invited to join in during the usual wedding/party dances like the Electric Slide and such. A couple of cast members jumped in the pool and invited passengers to join. While I didn't partake in this activity, a few people in my party (including my children) jumped in fully clothed.

It was lots of fun and a great way to get pumped up for the sail away.

The food was a buffet of what you would typically find at a bbq: hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork, coleslaw, salads. I honestly can't remember what they had for dessert, but I'm sure they must have had something.

The entertainment started with Hawaiian music and dancers. After that they had a DJ, and the entertainment group that does the nightly shows did some dancing. Passengers were invited to join in during the usual wedding/party dances like the Electric Slide and such. A couple of cast members jumped in the pool and invited passengers to join. While I didn't partake in this activity, a few people in my party (including my children) jumped in fully clothed.

It was lots of fun and a great way to get pumped up for the sail away.

Thanks for the followup! Does it happen shortly after the muster drill?

Thanks for the followup! Does it happen shortly after the muster drill?

It's right after the drill. The Hawaiian blessing is at 5:45 and the sail away party starts at 6pm. For sail away we went to the upper deck (14) by the cabanas, port side. It was relatively quiet there, and we had a great view of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head.