Allure Central Park Balcony or Broad Walk Balcony

Central Park baclonies tend to be hotter, because of the lack of air circulation. Boardwalk balconies can be noisier, due to the Aquatheater shows, but they do have a slight view of the water.

Been in both, and while CPB is quieter the boardwalk is only "noises" when an aqua show is going on and the cabin is closest to it and on a lower deck. That being said the closer you are to aft end the better the view of said entertainment or movie, a plus! Also view out the aft of ocean and part of port also a plus, along with being cooler! Going on B2B in Oct. TA and looking forward to it (Harmony)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been in both, and while CPB is quieter the boardwalk is only "noises" when an aqua show is going on and the cabin is closest to it and on a lower deck. That being said the closer you are to aft end the better the view of said entertainment or movie, a plus! Also view out the aft of ocean and part of port also a plus, along with being cooler! Going on B2B in Oct. TA and looking forward to it (Harmony)!!

That sounds good and thanks so much Amtrac

We had a boardwalk cabin on Deck 9 right above the carousel a few years back and the ringing of the bell before every ride was annoying. However, the limited view of the ocean out the back was nice. I personally prefer Central Park balconies because I love to listen to live jazz music while getting ready for dinner, or in the evenings. On deck 12, we could hear children's voices "Marco/Polo" from the pool during the day, but that didn't particularly bother me. I love people watching and live music so Central Park balconies work for me but if you value privacy, ocean view balconies are the way to go. Deck 7 D8 balcony cabins are often only a few dollars more than neighborhood balconies. Regardless of which one you chose, I would avoid Deck 14 as the noise from above is definitely a factor.

I have the last 4 boardwalk aft cabins on deck #9 booked on HOTS...even with the Abyss...we're still looking forward (backward) to these cabins. :D

Reposting from an old thread where I broke down both as I've sailed 2x in each type:

Central Park is quieter, but if you're higher up, you WILL hear the pool deck, which is only an issue on sea days, but you WILL hear it from your state room in the morning. It won't be horrible, but it's not as quiet as you'd think. Balconies closer to the "ground" (Deck 10) it's less noticeable. For some people, it may be disorienting to not see the water, but it didn't bother me, but I don't get motion sickness.

Boardwalk is much more fun, but a key aspect for us has been having a room where you can see the Aquatheater. Our last two cruises we were 4 rooms from the theater (10723 and 8723). You end up being able to see the movies they play, and most of the aqua theater show (you can't see about 20% of the stage from the 10723) Boardwalk IS noisy -- although by 11:30 or so at night it's usually pretty quiet. We stay out late so it's never an issue for us. Like Central Park, higher rooms you can hear the Sports Deck - which is not as loud as the pool, but you can hear it. We started hearing it on Deck 10 (which for Boardwalk is "higher" than Central Park) - could not hear it when we sailed on Deck 8. I also like that you can see the water, albeit just some of it.

I think Central Park is the best part of the Oasis class ships -- I love the restaurants, the uniqueness of the live foliage, and the bars. That said... I actually prefer the Boardwalk balcony, IF you can get one that is closer to the Aquatheater. If you can't get one that has a good view, I'd go with Central Park. For both to control noise overall, I think being closer to the ground is the most important thing.

Thanks everyone for your input. We went with deck 9 cabin's 9713 & 9711. If anyone has stayed in either of these let me know how you liked them and photo's would be cool if you have any. Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input. We went with deck 9 cabin's 9713 & 9711. If anyone has stayed in either of these let me know how you liked them and photo's would be cool if you have any. Thanks

We were in cabin 11721 two years ago. Two decks above your cabins but close by to what you have. We enjoyed the location and were able to watch the shows from our balcony.

But two things about these inside balconies. First, they are very small. Second, it's like staying at a motel. You get to see all your neighbors across from you. And they get to see you. Not like an outside balcony. Was it a problem? No, but you need to be aware.

Another nice thing we had was at the end of the corridor you could go and watch the show out on the deck. I believe they now may be cabins there but it use to be one of the secrets about Allure. Or at least that is what I read.

I'll upload a few pics as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Dan

Been in both, and while CPB is quieter the boardwalk is only "noises" when an aqua show is going on and the cabin is closest to it and on a lower deck...
I had a Boardwalk balcony on a cruise with 500 Brazilian Quinceañera (technically being Brazilian they are called debutantes). The merry-go-round was run for them until 1am, and boy can they scream! I was on Deck 11.

Thom

We just got off the Allure. Room was 8327 aft..next to last room boardwalk balcony. Loved it. Was able to watch the shows and had a great view of the ocean. Booked the same room for next year's cruise. Noise wasn't a problem at all..plus I always pack a travel fan for all my trips.

Thoughts:

I had 2 CP Balconies on deck 10 -- I did like the music at night and heard absolutely no noise from above; however, though Central Park is by far my favorite area on Oasis, I did feel a bit disconnected with the cruising experience -- probably will not do those again.

I didn't notice much as far as being too hot or no breeze; it wasn't much different than any other area in CP or Boardwalk. Ocean balconies were noticeably breezier/cooler however.

I would try the Boardwalk balconies next time perhaps.

View from 10199/10201

gS9aiC3eXPvH5tUduThHDP8CTIigVugrtlCD1g25Q7hRBGbxJn_NYR-y6d6gnN7bYzD0l-MVyspu0si_LksDdlQA-TBqDrIwHmF7NJjyJHTR7KRbIFbDCopeApMBAYsVosv1BDoUuiy_pqGuYYeb6Pj4X5S55DQMPLcDt3xE2f3HrRZcHYc2-M99OomhHjTF_sL8Z9IujhnbbMQGVGQpG5z_pJGDIeaS0vveqZj_vgqw3rj3QwH0keOvgY8xd89HLLIpK0OQNuWF9FlAAgoqDRCUrYAzFtLzp1chIoh4v2jV5UcIBX_4pqGTGrty8DriMmPVNphhSD4o6rY9bE0Morm3hbliYUusAlH9n2PBr3nU4sc5WO9BE1-KPIY22MhSeIVtABA2SHdMnpSb5t0e4xB_9GpXmjH6ltjCZd7HowsDBod5TbQcZFa7biDW7zsZ_vMX5m_m44mcN-AC4MdzZ2UJ9LPEyjhB-eQnpdXJDPDNkSR72jQOCODJzoAT7U1QFkUE7EpmISygmDo3btGVnybwv2nkphjV1axed7YgmQr0d9VaQLRkq_5WFaOliJAF0RQBsS6QFScWSuWDljVGbGixWTKpLbg=w1360-h252-no