Just off Allure yesterday - Random thoughts

Hi All,

Wanted to provide some random thoughts of our wonderful cruise on the Allure.

MTD -- We, as usual, opted for MTD. As always, we book reservations in advance even though it is often mentioned on here that there is usually no need. Not sure if experiences are different on the Allure, or if it was just our sailing, but the line without reservations was very long most nights. We were very glad we had reservations for what was a popular time of 6:30. Although often when we left around 8PM the no-reservation line was long again (or still) so I am not sure how much the time matters. YMMV, but we do recommend reservations if you think you know when you will want to eat. Also, if you want the same wait staff every night, be sure to let them know that. It was virtually automatic on the Independence and the Grandeur so we did not think we needed to mention something after we liked our wait staff the first night. When we got to the MDR the second night they said it would be a wait to get the same waiters since they had not planned for that. So, we stopped by again on our way out and they made a note and gave us the same table the rest of the cruise.

Quest -- From the tales you hear on here, I don't think our previous Quests have been very raunchy but this was a tamed down version. We still thought it was loads of fun and the Cruise Director Tim did an amazing job hosting it and keeping it very entertaining. When we got there and saw kids in the audience, we realized that we never did hear them announce it was an 18+ event. I bring this up because I have seen it discussed before. The compass did not mention it was 18+ either. Not sure if it was a decision by the Cruise Director or if this is always like it is on the Allure.

Deck Chairs -- For a cruise with 6400 people on board, and the pools crowded because of the beautiful and hot weather, we were pleasantly surprised we had no problem finding deck chairs whenever we wanted. Not sure if this was an anomaly or if the Allure has more chairs than other ships but we were very happy not to have to fight for chairs.

It was our first time on an Oasis class ship and we will definitely be back!

Brad

Quest -- From the tales you hear on here, I don't think our previous Quests have been very raunchy but this was a tamed down version. We still thought it was loads of fun and the Cruise Director Tim did an amazing job hosting it and keeping it very entertaining. When we got there and saw kids in the audience, we realized that we never did hear them announce it was an 18+ event. I bring this up because I have seen it discussed before. The compass did not mention it was 18+ either. Not sure if it was a decision by the Cruise Director or if this is always like it is on the Allure.

It's determined more by the CD, rather than the ship.

It was decently raunchy on Allure in February with CD Dru Pavlov.