Upgrade fairy

stephlauryn

Ok so I read on here all the time and the family wanted to cruise so we booked the 4 day Canada cruise it's five of us. We're celebrating birthdays and the daughter didn't wanna cruise w/o B.F. (she's gonna be 21 btw) so he was an add on and 5 people in an interior was gonna be kind of tight but hell, we don't cruise to be in our room so I booked. Today however she twinkled fairy dust in my email and for an extra $40 (total) we got upgraded to an oceanfront which gives us light and more room. So totally happy bout that not to mention the $1500 savings I acquired by receiving the deal. So as I said That fairy is beautiful!!!!:D

Booked on the vista in August...daughter and boyfriend have an inside room. Price checked last week and received $380 on board credit...then the fairy calls the next day to offer a balcony for $200. Still ahead of the game -- a nice surprise for them -- and still way cheaper than I paid for my balcony a few doors down.

Booked on the vista in August...daughter and boyfriend have an inside room. Price checked last week and received $380 on board credit...then the fairy calls the next day to offer a balcony for $200. Still ahead of the game -- a nice surprise for them -- and still way cheaper than I paid for my balcony a few doors down.

Awesome u got fairy dust twice!!!!:D

Ok so I read on here all the time and the family wanted to cruise so we booked the 4 day Canada cruise it's five of us. We're celebrating birthdays and the daughter didn't wanna cruise w/o B.F. (she's gonna be 21 btw) so he was an add on and 5 people in an interior was gonna be kind of tight but hell, we don't cruise to be in our room so I booked. Today however she twinkled fairy dust in my email and for an extra $40 (total) we got upgraded to an oceanfront which gives us light and more room. So totally happy bout that not to mention the $1500 savings I acquired by receiving the deal. So as I said That fairy is beautiful!!!!:D

What's an ocean front? Oceanview? I think most oceanview and interior cabins are about the same size -185 sg ft, so not so sure about "more room". Maybe if it was a balcony? Certainly more light!

What's an ocean front? Oceanview? I think most oceanview and interior cabins are about the same size -185 sg ft, so not so sure about "more room". Maybe if it was a balcony? Certainly more light!

I'm guessing they mean Oceanview. I don't know what ship they are on but at least on the Conquest Class ships, the OVs are larger than the interiors. I have stayed in both. There is no way in the world you could ever fit a sofa in an inside cabin, and yet they are standard in an OV. I am not talking about 4Js as they are technically an inside with walkway views.

I'm guessing they mean Oceanview. I don't know what ship they are on but at least on the Conquest Class ships, the OVs are larger than the interiors. I have stayed in both. There is no way in the world you could ever fit a sofa in an inside cabin, and yet they are standard in an OV. I am not talking about 4Js as they are technically an inside with walkway views.

Thanks firemanbobswife u are always on point. Thanks for giving the room clarification. U knew what I meant. Honoured to have u even comment on my post. Anywho I n an interior I wouldn't have been able to have a king bed but with an ocean view I can hence more space, no upper beds above me.:)

Thanks firemanbobswife u are always on point. Thanks for giving the room clarification. U knew what I meant. Honoured to have u even comment on my post. Anywho I n an interior I wouldn't have been able to have a king bed but with an ocean view I can hence more space, no upper beds above me.:)

Congrats on the move up! OV is definitely better than an inside with 3 or 4 people. I mean, sure it's doable but you will be much more comfortable in an OV! I hope you have a fantastic cruise!

BACK IN 2010 WE HAD AN INTERIOR AND NO WAY A SOFA WOULD EVER FIT IN THAT CABIN. iF YOU READ CARNIVALS WEB SITE THEY CLAIM AN INTERIOR IS 185 SQUARE FEET. THEN THEY CLAIM A BALCONY CABIN IS 185 SQUARE FEET. i HAVE BEEN IN BOTH AND THEY ARE NOT THE SAME SIZE. EVEN THE DRESSING TABLE IS HALF THE SIZE IN AN INTERIOR THAN IN A BALCONY. SOMEONE IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. HAPPY SAILING!!!

Oceanview cabin is 40 sq feet bigger then inside cabins

I wonder how they decide who to offer upgrades to. We are booked on Glory for April 29, 2017 (still a long time to wait) in an ocean view on the main deck. I have been watching the price and it has gone up...it is now more in U.S. dollars than we paid in CDN dollars, so considering the exchange rate lately we are pleased that we booked when we did. I will keep watching though. Maybe if it eventually goes down, we'll get a call too! Although we did book through a travel agent...not sure if that matters to the upgrade fairy!:)

Although we did book through a travel agent...not sure if that matters to the upgrade fairy!:)

That is what I've been wondering about as well. If somebody book through a T/A, does the T/A get the call or the passenger? Or has history shown that only folks who booked directly through Carnival get the call?

That is what I've been wondering about as well. If somebody book through a T/A, does the T/A get the call or the passenger? Or has history shown that only folks who booked directly through Carnival get the call?

I got a call 2 cruises ago to go from a 4A to a 6A for $70 total. I booked directly with Carnival and used my PVP.

My mom and MIL got a free upgrade from a 6A to an 8C many years ago. They used a TA. Carnival called the TA and the TA called me since I was the point of contact. I think the only reason they got the offer is because they were in an adjoining room and a family wanted both sides. Makes sense because it was a true upgrade, not an upsell.

While upgrades do happen when you book with a TA, I believe that when they are looking to quickly fill cabins they will first go to people who book direct since they can't talk to the guest when there is a TA involved. It's much quicker to take the middleman out of the equation. And also for those that have the lowest grade cabin within a class so they can either assign them to the guarantee people, or have the cheap cabins to fill for last minute bookings.

These are my opinions only and I could be wrong, but based on my experiences this is what I believe to be true.