Do any of the wifi plans support SnapChat?

NoJolt4U

I personally can't stand the app but of course my teens love it. Does anyone know which (if any) of the 3 wifi plans support SnapChat? Carnivals site does not list it as supported under the Social, Value, or Premium plans. Would hate to pay for one if my kids won't get any use out of it. (there will be serious limits on cell phone usage in general but chilling in the room in the morning or before bed I may let them get a little social time in with their friends back home)

I personally can't stand the app but of course my teens love it. Does anyone know which (if any) of the 3 wifi plans support SnapChat? Carnivals site does not list it as supported under the Social, Value, or Premium plans. Would hate to pay for one if my kids won't get any use out of it. (there will be serious limits on cell phone usage in general but chilling in the room in the morning or before bed I may let them get a little social time in with their friends back home)

I wouldn't count on it working since it's not listed as one that is supported. However, just have them talk with their friends using Facebook Messenger which works excellently.

We just got off the Conquest and snapchat would not work for my daughter on the Social plan but we tested it on mine on the next plan up and it did work. But there was no way I was going to pay extra for her to have snap chat when she ended up meeting tons of new friends on board.

• 6 months later...

Technically, Carnival's wifi does not support Snapchat at all. However, as you can see, some people have reported success, but I wouldn't count on it.

From the website: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

"All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat."

Edited by Schoifmom

Most teens probably want Snapchat to keep streaks (its a novelty thing) so using another app isn't an alternative, on my sunshine cruise it sorta worked on social plan I could use the chat function but not send or receive pictures, or you could try a VPN app such as betternet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

I think the varying responses is due to location on the ship and time of day. I've noticed that i got poor reception in our cabin and snapchat didn't work. But if I was in an open space up on a higher deck I got better reception and snapchat worked. Time of day was also important. Early in the morning or late at night when there were less people using the internet, my snapchat loaded right up and worked great. But during peak times of day when everyone is on their phones, it didn't that work as well.

Does anyone know if snapchat will work on the triumph? Or which package it works with?

It doesn't work consistently, but it does work on all plans. It worked for me in the cabins and dining rooms during off peak hours. By the pool or during peak hours, it didnt work. Dont even think you're going to send videos or video chat lol. It took about 15, to up to 60 seconds to send a snap and about 10 seconds for one to download.

Edited by LouisianaCruiser4200
wrong word

just got off the Magic. Snapchat was NOT supported by the social plan... my daughter couldn't even access Instagram which was supposed to be supported. She just took photos on SC and then when we were in port she was able to share them.

• 5 weeks later...

How do you purchase the internet packages? Do you purchase when you are checking in prior to getting your sign and sail card or is there a different process?

Thank you

We just got off Vista yesterday. I got my son's the $26 social media package (they were able to use snapchat), we also did the $5 hub chat feature so total billed $31 for each person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

We just got off Vista yesterday. I got my son's the $26 social media package (they were able to use snapchat), we also did the $5 hub chat feature so total billed $31 for each person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

How do you purchase a wifi plan? Is it done upon checking in prior to obtaining your sign and sail card or is there another process to purchase the wifi plans? Thank you

We just got off the Conquest and snapchat would not work for my daughter on the Social plan but we tested it on mine on the next plan up and it did work. But there was no way I was going to pay extra for her to have snap chat when she ended up meeting tons of new friends on board.

How do you purchase a wifi plan? Is it done upon checking in prior to obtaining your sign and sail card or is there another process to purchase the wifi plans?

Thanks everyone. I came on here for the same reason. Being on a back to back cruise next month on our Magic cruise, keeping my 15 year old son's streaks going is very important and while they aren't to ME... to him they are..... so I had hoped to get some answers. So maybe he could have the more expensive package on Sea Days and the other ones maybe he can just get the wifi from ports to keep the streaks alive..

Just to clarify, Google email only works on the $16 a day package ? I am good with FB, Instagram and messaging etc... for $5 a day, but I will have to log into my email a few times a week just to check in.

Thanks for the posts everyone.

Really happy there is a "potential plan" for my boy. He will be thrilled.

I don't know if gmail will work on the $5/day plan but I can confirm it works on the $16/day plan and that plan is discounted if you buy it for the entire cruise. From Carnival:

Carnival's Wi-Fi Service and HUB App

To keep you connected while at sea, every one of our ships provides satellite Internet access facilitated through the HUB Internet Café and through the bow-to-stern ship-wide Wi-Fi network.

What plans are offered?

New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

• Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.
  • Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).
  • Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

To access Wi-Fi, simply turn on your device's Wi-Fi feature and you will receive the information needed. You can do this anywhere onboard the ship.