Magic and Glory with us today.....

KPfromCT

We are in San Juan on Oasis and pulled in to see Glory already here and Magic just docked. Providing wonderful shade and a nice breeze on our balcony this morning. [emoji23]

84c8e04b0653519acdda1a64ffeeeaa6.jpg

a8aa6348d9a656b281b9922ab4099633.jpg

2eaae495290a26fae7fd7c02abb24f09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6463d3c954a609d45cf441bc3a0f8bda.jpg

Carnival just feels like home to us. DD was saying she wished she was on the Magic, as we've been on the Breeze twice. She is not loving Oasis. [emoji23][emoji23].

Goodbye San Juan. [emoji4]

Edited by KPfromCT

So I know this is a Carnival forum but I do beg to ask, is Oasis really "all that and a bag of chips" like most everyone says she is?

Now that she is coming to Port Canaveral and prices are finally starting to look somewhat reasonable, Im really considering her for 2018.

Edited by ryano

thanks for sharing your pictures! It's going to be a long work day. soon I a will be in your shoes though and I will wake early to get that glorious view. One request .... hope you have cheers ..... have one for me. ( or should I say for all of us here wishing we were there. )

So I know this is a Carnival forum but I do beg to ask, is Oasis really "all that and a bag of chips" like most everyone says she is?

Now that she is coming to Port Canaveral and prices are finally starting to look somewhat reasonable, Im really considering her for 2018.

Yes. The ship is absolutely amazing. I think everybody should try it at least once just for the experience of the ship itself. But as I said earlier carnival is home for us.

With that being said I wouldn't hesitate to take another Royal Caribbean Cruise. Maybe Freedom of the Seas, someday. Our next one will be on the carnival Vista. [emoji4][emoji4]

Off to play Bingo. It's a free cruise giveaway bingo. Wish me luck!!!! [emoji23][emoji23]

We have sailed Allure of the Seas, and while it's a beautiful ship and I like RCI, it's simply not worth the extra $$ in our opinions. Personally I feel like the cruise atmosphere is just not there on this class of ship. It is too large and too spread out. Is it worth trying, absolutely! Would I do it again, not sure.

We have sailed Magic 3 times and going on Breeze for a 4th time next month. Our 14 yo DD enjoys the Magic and Breeze a lot more than she did the Allure.

For comparison I priced a cruise in Decemeber in the "off peak time" the week of the 11th...

-Allure of the Seas D1 balcony, 3 ppl - $4,050.00

-Carnival Magic - Spa Balcony(there are cheaper balcony rooms) 3 ppl - $2,575.00; and if you want to splurge ... a Grand Suite for $4,285.00.

For the price difference it's just not worth that to us...

Again, you will have to try them both and make your own decision.

Liberty of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas are a better size ship for sure. Try those for your next trip and enjoy. Hope you have a great remainder of your cruise!!

Edited by cruisinpips

We have sailed Allure of the Seas, and while it's a beautiful ship and I like RCI, it's simply not worth the extra $$ in our opinions. Personally I feel like the cruise atmosphere is just not there on this class of ship. It is too large and too spread out. Is it worth trying, absolutely! Would I do it again, not sure.

We have sailed Magic 3 times and going on Breeze for a 4th time next month. Our 14 yo DD enjoys the Magic and Breeze a lot more than she did the Allure.

For comparison I priced a cruise in Decemeber in the "off peak time" the week of the 11th...

-Allure of the Seas D1 balcony, 3 ppl - $4,050.00

-Carnival Magic - Spa Balcony(there are cheaper balcony rooms) 3 ppl - $2,575.00; and if you want to splurge ... a Grand Suite for $4,285.00.

For the price difference it's just not worth that to us...

Again, you will have to try them both and make your own decision.

Liberty of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas are a better size ship for sure. Try those for your next trip and enjoy. Hope you have a great remainder of your cruise!!

Myself and DD (17) agree 100%. [emoji4]

Unfortunately we can only cruise at peak times. Therefore the price difference between the magic and the oasis was only a couple of hundred dollars. It was just the right time for us to try it.

Edited by KPfromCT