Any who's stayed in an S3 or specifically A751 RUBY PRINCESS

We were in C749 for a four-day last April (same relative position: centermost pair of suites, upsized compared to outer suites) and loved it. Closet was (relatively) huge. Desk in the living area and "makeup desk" alongside the bed. Great curtains to close off the bed area, and two sliding glass doors onto the balcony. Two wood loungers, with a small table between them for drinks, cameras, etc. Round dining table and four chairs, all wood. The Sabatini's (now Crown Grill) suite breakfast was divine - uber-quiet, high-caliber service, truly all-you-can-eat/drink. We hadn't discovered UBD then, but now that we know how great it is, I can't wait to do it on that huge balcony.

I clamped a camera to the balcony ceiling and shot a time lapse. I missed 3-4 hours on the fourth morning as the memory card filled, but it's not very noticeable.

We liked the cabin so much we'll be in it next February for a 7-day Mexican Riviera. We're avid photographers, and I'm looking forward to using the large balcony as a wonderful space for photographing our UBD with my parents.

Great camera idea

Thanks for sharing

Not that the details matter, but Canon 7D with (I think) the EF-S 10-22mm ultrawide lens and a Canon timer remote. ISO 400, aperture priority, f/11, with safety shift enabled. In mid-day sun, relatively fast shutter speed. As the sun goes away, shutter speed slows down to the limit of 30s per shot, and after that the safety shift opens up the aperture as needed to still get a proper exposure. White balance on daylight, timer getting one shot per minute, small JPEG.

The camera is smart enough to auto-rotate images shot right-side-up, left, or right, but not upside down, so everything got a batch rotate 180 degrees in Lightroom and probably a further reduction in image size (to keep the video file size somewhat manageable). Hint: get the orientation PERFECT, then lock your mount down TIGHT. You don't want to have to untilt or crop in Lightroom, even if it's once and batch-pasted everywhere. You also don't want the inevitable battery changes (I did twice/day) or memory card changes to jostle the mount. I hoped to use a double mounting but didn't have the right pieces to make that happen. Focus once and go to manual focus. Get to know your file size and check your memory card so you can predict when to swap cards (silly to swap with 45% space left, but agonizing to realize the card filled three hours ago).

We stayed in A751 on the Crown this past March. It was the best cabin EVER! The balcony was HUGE! It had a wood table for 4 with cushions and then two loungers with cushions and a little side table. There was still enough room to walk around.

These are not my photos but found them when we were doing research on this cabin. Look at pictures 1-13, those are of the cabin and balcony.

https://smengelt.shutterfly.com/2621#2621

We stayed in A751 on the Crown this past March. It was the best cabin EVER! The balcony was HUGE! It had a wood table for 4 with cushions and then two loungers with cushions and a little side table. There was still enough room to walk around.

These are not my photos but found them when we were doing research on this cabin. Look at pictures 1-13, those are of the cabin and balcony.

https://smengelt.shutterfly.com/2621#2621

Thank you so much for your reply. These are exactly the pictures I saw and was afraid to share them with my mom for fear it wasn't actually A751. This is how it was as you saw it???? Yay!

Thank you so much for your reply. These are exactly the pictures I saw and was afraid to share them with my mom for fear it wasn't actually A751. This is how it was as you saw it???? Yay!

You're welcome. The Ruby and the Crown are sister ships so yes, the cabin was exactly as they were in the pictures. You are going to LOVE this cabin!

Enjoy your cruise.:)