Water

espmass

Does Celebrity allow you to bring on bottled water like some of the other lines do? How about cans of soda? I have cruised Celebrity before but never thought about doing it. Since I am leaving from Port Liberty this time and won't be flying, it seemed like a good idea.

You can, but the water on board is as pure as you'll get in a bottle. Ships process their own water, and it's very clean and safe. We always bring 2-3 small bottles with us, and refill 'em on board as needed, either from the sink tap, or in the dining areas from the fountains.

Hi,

We are just off the Mercury and I ended up buying the bottled water that was in our cabin. I have slightly elevated blood pressure and am on a mild diuretic, and didn't want to take any chances with the sodium rich water on board.

The on board water is pure and potable and delicious. There have been multiple discussions of the sodium content, and it all seems to depend on the water source. If it is desalinated water (done on board the ship) it is likely to still retain some sodium after the purification process.

I was the only one in our party of four to not suffer from swollen ankles and other signs of water retention. Since there can be many causes for swollen ankles I would not take this as proof of the sodium content of the onboard water, but it might be considered. (Bear in mind that the water is also used in food preparation.)

At the flea market that the wonderful people of Astoria, Oregon set up for us at the dock on a cold and windy day, 1 liter bottles of water were available for $1 each, and a bagged five pack of 1.5 liter bottles went for $5.00. There was no problem bringing a bag back on board.

Susan

Archived