Airport Shuttles In Charleston

Racegirl6

He much do shuttles generally cost from Charleston airport to the cruise port? We will be returning a car the day of our cruise.

The flat rate from the Airport to the downtown peninsular (which includes the cruise terminal) is $14/pp. The Charleston Airport Association of Taxi & Limo Drivers has a long line of vans all the time at the airport as you exit the baggage claim area and cross to the center island.

They are required to have the appropriate licenses and insurance to be able to operate at the airport as opposed to possibly some Uber drivers which I'm sure a few people will recommend.

http://www.charleston-arrives.com/

Edited by ChucktownSteve

They are required to have the appropriate licenses and insurance to be able to operate at the airport as opposed to possibly some Uber drivers which I'm sure a few people will recommend.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say exactly, but Uber drivers ARE allowed to drop-off and pick-up at CHS, and Uber requires them to have insurance.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say exactly, but Uber drivers ARE allowed to drop-off and pick-up at CHS, and Uber requires them to have insurance.

Yes Uber drivers are allowed to drop off and pick up just like anyone can however they cannot operate AT the airport which means they can't solicit or stand.

Earlier this year the Aviation Authority proposed an ordinance that called for Uber to pay $3.50 per pickup, which will be passed on to consumers. There is no drop-off fee. Taxi and shuttle drivers pay $200 a month per vehicle to operate at the airport. They also pay an annual fee of $120.

Doesn't Uber also have multiple fare levels depending upon vehicle and time of day volume?

Regarding insurance, what are the limits Uber requires their drivers to have and is it as high as the Aviation Authority mandates of the Taxi/Limos?

As you know you can buy auto insurance that will cover liability at various levels. Do you insure your car for the minimum required state liability or coverage that would more adequately cover your potential liability?

I'm just saying I support the full time, licensed Taxi/Limo drivers as opposed to the part time Uber driver supplementing their income with their personal vehicle which may or may not be properly maintained.

Edited by ChucktownSteve