Website glitch!

bizeemomma

I sail Saturday on the Divina.

On Monday, I did my web check in, purchased the $59 photo package and 2 spa packages (1 teen, 1 Relaxation Wave).

Tuesday I spent all day taking my dad for a dental procedure, then yesterday a family member was in the hospital and I traveled out of town to visit her. So I was distracted and didn't notice that I was not charged for these purchases.

Today I logged in and discovered the spa and photo packages are not on my itinerary. :( I called, and it's too late to get it added. I am SO BUMMED!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sucks! It's a shame they wouldn't allow you to add it given it was a website problem.

Are the prices higher on board, or are these packages not available or something?

That sucks! It's a shame they wouldn't allow you to add it given it was a website problem.

Are the prices higher on board, or are these packages not available or something?

I am not crying about the spa packages - I'll see what packages they have on embarkation day, and might even get a better deal... And if not we can skip it. But the photo package is triple the price, with fewer pictures included onboard. [emoji17]

The MSC agent I spoke to forwarded me to the voice mail of a higher up person, I'm hoping she can look and see clearly that my story checks out since my web check in was done at the same time. But it's not looking promising to get the stuff added, I feel like all I'll get is an apology.

On Monday, I did my web check in, purchased the $59 photo package and 2 spa packages (1 teen, 1 Relaxation Wave).

Tuesday I spent all day taking my dad for a dental procedure, then yesterday a family member was in the hospital and I traveled out of town to visit her. So I was distracted and didn't notice that I was not charged for these purchases.

Today I logged in and discovered the spa and photo packages are not on my itinerary. :( I called, and it's too late to get it added. I am SO BUMMED!!!

Straight from MSC Cruises USA:

All items that are pre-booked online have to be paid prior to the cruise now. This changed with the launch of our new website last October. However - with the MSC Voyagers Club, members now also receive points for pre-paid purchases.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

Best Regards,

MSC Cruises

they usually send email conformation . If you got one just print it out they should accept it. if not don't worry you can buy on board . They do lots of Spa discounts during sail.

Did you print the screen or captured a screen shot?

You said you did web check in...did you do it before you purchased the items?

I am not crying about the spa packages - I'll see what packages they have on embarkation day, and might even get a better deal... And if not we can skip it. But the photo package is triple the price, with fewer pictures included onboard. [emoji17]

The MSC agent I spoke to forwarded me to the voice mail of a higher up person, I'm hoping she can look and see clearly that my story checks out since my web check in was done at the same time. But it's not looking promising to get the stuff added, I feel like all I'll get is an apology.

What did you get for 60$ photo package? I am sure it will be same on board.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if this is a web site glitch or a policy glitch :(. The first agent I dealt with selling MSC (who no longer sells them) told me that MSC had a policy that all pre-purchased items must be finalized X days before sailing (for the life of me, I can't remember if that X was 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days). She warned me not to pre-purchase anything after I had checked in and printed my final documents due to numerous issues she had with previous customers.

I didn't pre-purchase any items because that is back when the web site was switching identities and passport numbers lol, and I wanted as little as possible interaction with MSC online. I thought everything would be available once on-board. I was wrong :(. I can't speak to the photo package because I had no interest in that, but the internet package was nearly double priced once on-board (this was before they introduced social packages, and it was just timed packages). I paid $30.00 for 60 minutes on-board and pre-purchase it was half that. Also, the large spa packages were NOT available to purchase once on-board. They had different packages, but they were more expensive. Finally, pre-purchase they offered 10 items for $20 laundered. On-board the smallest I could get was 20 items for $30 dollars. I had no need for 20 items. Since I sailed (March 26), some have reported being able to purchase the 10 item laundry package on-board so maybe MSC is getting more consistent.

MSC can be a bit quirky and I wish you all the best getting this straightened out.

I booked packages then checked in online a minute later. No, I didn't do a screen shot, and I didn't realize that I didn't get an email until this morning. I saw that I got 2 emails from MSC that day, and that was that (because like I said... I've been distracted). Turns out I got 1 email per passenger in regards to check in, and it wasn't 1 for check in and 1 for the prepaid stuff I ordered like I thought. [emoji22]

The comparable photo package onboard is reportedly $160ish, verses the $59 prepaid. It's 10 photo prints, plus a CD of all photos.

I booked packages then checked in online a minute later. No, I didn't do a screen shot, and I didn't realize that I didn't get an email until this morning. I saw that I got 2 emails from MSC that day, and that was that (because like I said... I've been distracted). Turns out I got 1 email per passenger in regards to check in, and it wasn't 1 for check in and 1 for the prepaid stuff I ordered like I thought. [emoji22]

The comparable photo package onboard is reportedly $160ish, verses the $59 prepaid. It's 10 photo prints, plus a CD of all photos.

How unfortunate :(. Can your TA provide you with MSC policy that states the last day possible to pre-book items? That might answer some questions.

How unfortunate :(. Can your TA provide you with MSC policy that states the last day possible to pre-book items? That might answer some questions.

The cut off is 72 hours before sailing, and we sail Saturday... so Monday was within the right time to purchase. Today, not so much... So I'm guessing I'm out of luck. :(

MSC Voyagers Club, members now also receive points for pre-paid purchases.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

Best Regards,

MSC Cruises

I did not know that do you know where I can find the information showing that

I did not know that do you know where I can find the information showing that

Not Mike, but here's a screenshot from the MSC website:

MSC-onboard-points.png

Edited by dst87
No IMGUR images??

The cut off is 72 hours before sailing, and we sail Saturday... so Monday was within the right time to purchase. Today, not so much... So I'm guessing I'm out of luck. :(

A 72 hour cut off seems completely reasonable and much shorter than the cut-off I was advised about (21 days keeps coming to mind, but that can't be right). Hopefully this is another glitch MSC has fixed.

Mike: Can you find the 72 hour policy anywhere on the MSC site? I'd like to forward it to my agent since this seems to have changed recently. I can't find it on the site and you are WAY better than me at navigating MSCUSA. :)

A 72 hour cut off seems completely reasonable and much shorter than the cut-off I was advised about (21 days keeps coming to mind, but that can't be right). Hopefully this is another glitch MSC has fixed.

Mike: Can you find the 72 hour policy anywhere on the MSC site? I'd like to forward it to my agent since this seems to have changed recently. I can't find it on the site and you are WAY better than me at navigating MSCUSA. :)

It's actually 4 days (96 hours): https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Excursions.aspx

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%2012.46.48%20PM_zpskbx39njx.png

Edited by Mikesa1721

Thanks Mike- 4 days is still reasonable. With MSC being overseas, might not want to cut it that close though. Plus 4 days prior to departure day could be interpreted at 5 days since manifest must be turned in to customs 24 hours prior. Moral of the story, if you are going to pre book anything it is probably best to do it ASAP and double check all documents because MSC website is still whacky :(.

Hoping it all works out for you buzzemom- anyone from Orlando is due a break soon!!