Glory: Laundry hours and irons?

gladahc

I'm an over-packer. And we always stay somewhere that has a washer/dryer when we go on vacations, so the thought of packing for being on a boat for 7 days and 2.5 days of travel has me dreading how much i will over-do it. AND we are having a "luggage situation"; our luggage is old enough that it doesn't meet the "new" carry-on size restrictions and we may have to check 2 bags. While I don't want to spend my cruise doing laundry in some tiny room on the ship, I'd like to have the information just in case. I know there are self-serve laundrettes on several decks, that they are coin-op, $3/wash/dry, $1/detergent.

Are there irons (thinking of DH's dress shirts)? Do you have to pay to use them?

And does anyone know the hours you can use the laundrettes?

And on the other side of things.....they will do laundry for you? I read somewhere $15/bag? Is this also true? is the bag equivalent to a "regular" size load of laundry? Smaller? 1 day turn-around for this? Same day?

Irons are free to use (at least they have been on every Carnival ship I've been on). I don't recall ever seeing hours for the laundry room, I usually go on the morning of formal night before my wife gets up, it's generally empty then.

I'm an over-packer. And we always stay somewhere that has a washer/dryer when we go on vacations, so the thought of packing for being on a boat for 7 days and 2.5 days of travel has me dreading how much i will over-do it. AND we are having a "luggage situation"; our luggage is old enough that it doesn't meet the "new" carry-on size restrictions and we may have to check 2 bags. While I don't want to spend my cruise doing laundry in some tiny room on the ship, I'd like to have the information just in case. I know there are self-serve laundrettes on several decks, that they are coin-op, $3/wash/dry, $1/detergent.

Are there irons (thinking of DH's dress shirts)? Do you have to pay to use them?

And does anyone know the hours you can use the laundrettes?

And on the other side of things.....they will do laundry for you? I read somewhere $15/bag? Is this also true? is the bag equivalent to a "regular" size load of laundry? Smaller? 1 day turn-around for this? Same day?

I know someone already answered about the irons (no cost to use), but it appeared that the laundry rooms were open at all times. On our past two cruises, our cabins were located almost directly across the hall from a laundry room and they were always open for use.

Laundry - yes, they will do it for you. I'm attaching one of the fliers we received with the Fun Times on our last cruise (September 2015) that lists the pricing.

scan0055.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Be warned, the laundry is washed in hot water and only sort of folded.

Press service was very nice.

Also, the laundry rooms on several ships were not open while in port. This likely varies from ship to ship and port to port.

Be warned, the laundry is washed in hot water and only sort of folded.

Press service was very nice.

Also, the laundry rooms on several ships were not open while in port. This likely varies from ship to ship and port to port.

Hmmm. Hot water wash is something to make me reconsider.

Our clothing survived being washed, but I think the other poster is correct - one item faded - luckily it was only undies. The bag is pretty small - we rolled everything up tightly & put it in there. It was the next day before we got it back. We only sent it because it was free for Platinum. We've used the ship self laundrette in the past and you can do a normal sized load & choose your water temp. There are not many machines in the laundrette, so you have to pick a time when everyone else is not wanting to use it as well. It is really handy when you've done a horseback excursion - I love horses dearly, but I don't want my cabin to smell like one.

Unfortunately, I've never checked my watch for start to finish times. The washer has a display showing minutes, but I think it is for each individual part of the cycle. I say that because it starts off at 20-something minutes, but when you come back, it is still running. My guess would be 35-40 minutes but maybe someone else on the boards will know for sure. We always just go back & forth & when we see it is on the spin cycle, just wait for it to finish so we don't have clothes sitting in a washer that someone else needs to use.