Dive-In Movies

twokids0204

We just got off the Breeze, which is a sister ship to the Dream. Movies are shown in the evening, with PG rated shown first, followed by PG-13 or R-rated (shown after 10pm). The noise level from kids playing in the pool and people walking by made it harder to hear the movie, so go up one deck to Deck 11 and grab a a chair or lounger that overlooks Lido.

I was on the Breeze in early April and didn't have great success with the Dive In Movies. The first attempt the kids in the pool and running up and down the aisles made it impossible - totally oblivious of the fact that people were trying to watch a movie.

Next time we went up to Deck 11 and got great seats - but lo and behold, the people sitting at the next table were screaming, yelling, laughing it up. Adults this time and totally blitzed.

So, no luck on that cruise - however, I have been able to watch movies on the Breeze on a previous cruise with no issues at all. Guess it's just the luck of a draw. It does amaze me that there are people who have absolutely no consideration for fellow travellers - oh well, what are ya gonna do, right?

I was on the Dream the last week of October and we had no problems at all hearing the movies. Actually, it wasn't very crowded when we watched a movie (hardly any kids on the ship-maybe saw two or three very young kids the whole cruise). No one was ever in the pool. I have no idea why. I finally decided to go for a dip myself while waiting for one movie to start. It was awesome. Had the whole pool to myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app