The Good and the BAD!

Rebel54

Well....it's officially official. Got my electronic travel documents! I'm so excited. It's getting SOOO close.

That's the good.

Now...the bad.

So I jumped the gun and booked the additional stay time in Paris (3 extra nights). Since I didn't want to have to move and there was a great sale, I booked and pre-paid the Pullman (based on anticipating that would be where the cruise would put us).

Well ... according to my travel docs...we are staying in the Hotel du Collectioneur Arc de Triomphe Paris. Not a huge deal, we will move since most of what I have planned for those days are in that part of Paris anyway.

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? Any feedback?

we are staying in the Hotel du Collectioneur Arc de Triomphe Paris. Not a huge deal, we will move since most of what I have planned for those days are in that part of Paris anyway.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the wording of your post. You will move because of what you have planned, or did you mean you won't move? I've never stayed there, but it's a lovely hotel in a great location (short walk to Courcelles Metro station).

I'm sorry, I don't understand the wording of your post. You will move because of what you have planned, or did you mean you won't move? I've never stayed there, but it's a lovely hotel in a great location (short walk to Courcelles Metro station).

Sorry. I initially booked the extension at the Pullman because I thought that was where Avalon was going to put us. I didn't want to have to pack and move for the three extra days. Since we aren't staying at the Pullman, we will have to move after the cruise portion of our stay ends.

It does look like a really nice and it's a great location for our early plans.

Avalon put us up for 2 days in the Hotel du Collectionneur last week when our river ship couldn't sail into Paris due to the flooding. Location is great, rooms are nice size, bathrooms have lots of marble. My room had a separate shower & bathtub. I had a problem with the air conditioner in my room in that it wouldn't get cold enough. They claimed to have sent a technician to the room twice but it didn't get any cooler. They showed me two alternate rooms to move to but both of these were warmer than my existing room so I stayed. Other Avalon guests had problems with their rooms being too cold & couldn't get them warm.

Included breakfast was very good. We had dinner included since we couldn't eat on the ship & I was not impressed with the food or wine. The ship had much better food & service.

A metro stop is a short walk away, which is very convenient. Let me know if you have more questions.

Oh big guy would not be happy if the room is too hot. He's a walking oven! Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it's a good thing that we will split our time between hotels. The spa looks enticing :). Did you happen to check out that or the fitness center?

Avalon put us up for 2 days in the Hotel du Collectionneur last week when our river ship couldn't sail into Paris due to the flooding. Location is great, rooms are nice size, bathrooms have lots of marble. My room had a separate shower & bathtub. I had a problem with the air conditioner in my room in that it wouldn't get cold enough. They claimed to have sent a technician to the room twice but it didn't get any cooler. They showed me two alternate rooms to move to but both of these were warmer than my existing room so I stayed. Other Avalon guests had problems with their rooms being too cold & couldn't get them warm.

Included breakfast was very good. We had dinner included since we couldn't eat on the ship & I was not impressed with the food or wine. The ship had much better food & service.

A metro stop is a short walk away, which is very convenient. Let me know if you have more questions.