Car hire drop off at Brooklyn

Moscowlad

Hi

I'm flying into Newark on 3rd July and sailing away on the 6th for Southampton. Whilst I'm in the US I'm planning on hiring a car and spending a bit of time up in Long Island. Does anyone on here know if there is a car hire drop off point near the Brooklyn terminal as I really don't want to have to drive the car back to Newark then take the train all the way back to Penn Station to get a taxi.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I did a quick map search - and there are branches of 'enterprise' and 'dollar' car rentals fairly close to the terminal. [The dollar office shows as much closer]

Enterprise advertises that they will 'pick you up', in practice, that means returning the rental to their office, and then an employee will drive you to a nearby destination. [service included with the rental price].

I would suggest contacting the companies directly, and if possible contacting their Brooklyn affiliates to confirm policies, and the drop off arrangements.

Hi Moscowlad. There is a Hertz Car Rental office in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. It's not far from the Redhook cruise Terminal. So if you rent from Hertz at Newark Airport, you could return the car in Brooklyn. Personally, I'd take a cab to the pier after dropping off the car, but there are those who enjoy the hike:)

For details, see https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location/unitedstates/newyork/brooklyn/NYCS22?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=local

Bon voyage,

Salacia