Tahitian Princess. Need info

der93711

We are looking into the Tahitian Princess for January 2005. I have no infomation other than what the princess agent has told me. Has anyone been on the Tahitian Princess. Please tell me as much as you can. We have sailed princess before, but never Tahiti or such a small ship. Comments please.

Der icon_smile.gif

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

1/28/04 Summit again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Nita,

Thanks! We're booking for March and your reviews are a HUGE help. We were trying to decide between back-to-backs vs. pre and post cruise on the islands and it looks like the air tahiti site specials have made the decision for us. Does anyone know if the one night Tahiti and 3 night Moorea package can be split into pre and post? (I can also not be so lazy and email Air Tahiti Nui).

I saw your post over on the X board. Welcome! The Tahitian Princess is a beautiful ship. The itinerary is awesome. We are going back for our second cruise on her in January. You will find lots of help on this board.

Laurie

Zenith 02/01

Century 01/02

Century 02/02

Tahitian Princess 01/03

Century 01/04

Tahitian Princess 01/05

Chamima:

We are on the June 6 TP. We have a 2 nite post cruise in Tahiti and were told that the Moorea post cruise is a 3 night minimum. The pre-cruise is a 2 night minimum on Tahiti so we booked directly with the Sheraton since we only wanted 1 pre-night. Hope this helps.

Deb

Deb,

Actually 2 nights pre in Tahiti and 3 nights post in Moorea sounds perfect for us. This is a "special birthday" trip for my husband and we're flying a gazillion hours to get there so 2 weeks (or so) is a good length. We were considering back to back cruises but 3 weeks was an awfully long time and everyone seemed to prefer island stays.

Was your trip through Air Tahiti Nui or some other package? (On my last trip to Costco even they had a trip to Tahiti that I may check out.)

Anyways, thanks for your reply. We're in MI and I know it's 2 Am for you so you might never see this.

Also interested if the ATN specials on their site through other agencys can be split up to be used before and after the cruise. It would be great to have a 2 night pre-stay and a three night post-stay with the prices that they are showing.

I have been pricing the air on our own and it looks like I can beat Princess Prices hands down as long as I am flexible in the return date (the return is the toughest). But those specials are even less expensive then doing it on our own.

Hope someone can shed some light on this subject.

Thanks for posting this, you read my mind.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

I just emailed Tahiti Legends to see if there are any packages that can be split up for pre and post cruise stays. Will let you know when they respond.

Thank you so much for all this great information. I am completely in the dark about the TP and Tahiti. We put a hold on the January 12, 2005 sailing. We let Princess book us a precruise and the air, because we just do not know anything about this area of the world. Any flight help or hotel help or deals would be so welcomed.

Thanks again,

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

Summit 1/28/05 again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Chamima:

Sorry, hectic day.....not only did I not see your ? at 2am, I've just finally had time to check up on things. We booked our air and post cruise thru Princess and arranged our one pre night at the Sheraton thru their website. Since we are leaving from the west coast we tho't that only 1 pre night was needed. Since we booked in March for a June cruise we didn't have as much time to surf ATN and others for good deals. Hopefully you'll find better deals on your own with more time to plan.

Can hardly wait, we're down to 24 sleeps.

Deb

I heard back from Tahiti Legends but their prices were just a bit on the HIGH side. So, what we did was change our flights with Princess to LAX to Papeete and are booking our own flights to LAX for about half of what Princess was charging and we can choose our own flight schedule this way. Keeping the two nights pre cruise with Princess as it is less expensive then booking that on our own.

Will keep it that way unless ATN comes up with a real good special for fall.

Toto,

Our TA (K) quoted me 779pp for 3 nights precruise from Princess.(That comes out to about $500/night for the room for both of us.) Nothing on the ATN site looked that high. The Princess airfare was a good price though, so we booked that for now.

Princess has us booked at the International Beachcomber Tahiti. They are charging us $569/pp for two nights. I checked the hotel out on the hotel website and it is a beautiful property. I think they have us booked in their junior suite (the huts that sit in the lagoon). The rooms were much less expensive on other parts of the property. Does anyone know anything about this place?

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

Summit 1/28/05 again

We have now been home for 2weeks following the most woderful experience of our lives T.P. 17/4.

We booked the Sheraton Tahiti Pre-cruise with Princess and it was absolutely great. By the time we embarked the ship we were well and trully feeling relaxed and in Tahitian mind-set. There is absolutely heaps of information on this site. Enjoy all the planning,Mark's Motu tour on Huahine is a must. If you have never snorkeled now is the time to give it some consideration, like I did.

'67 Australis.Syd-Southhampton.

'68 Oriana.Southhampton-Sydney.

'92 Horizon. Eastern Caribbean.

'93 Majesty oftheseas.Caribbean

'94 Crown Princess. Alaska.

'96 Horizon. Panama Canal.

'97 Century. Caribbean.

'98 Crown Princess. Hawaii.

'99 Century. Mediterranian.

'00 Century. Caribbean.

'01 Enchantment of the Seas.

'01 Crown Princes Tahiti-Hawaii

'03 Regal Princes Syd -Auckland

'03 Sun Princess Mexico.

'04 Pacific Princess.New Caledonia

'04 Tahitian Princ.Cook Islands

Tobytoby, I'd love to read a review. I know that there is lots of info on the site, but it's always great to read recent experiences - just in case things have changes, as well as new perspectives.

Soraya

When I contacted my TA about switching our flights from LAX to Papeete for October she was able to do it (we wanted to book our air to LA ourselves after seeing the prices avaiable compared to Princess flights). But she did tell me that IF we would not have made arrangements to book air through Princess when we actually booked our cruise, that all the flights are now waitlisted.

Just a thought but for those of you that think you might get one of those specials later on, book your air through Princess when you book your cruise, you can always cancel later if something better comes along, but booking the air through Princess at the last minute looks like it might be impossible. So get that air locked in, remember, before final payment it can be removed from your booking.

Again I am so confused about the cruise on the TP. When we booked I did not know which one of the two sailings to chose...The Cook Island or the Marquesas Island. I know They are probably both wonderful, but is there any real reason to choose one over the other.

Thanks again group. Have to mention also that although this is not my first Princess cruise, it is the first time on the Princess boards. We have done the celebrity and the celebrity boards for several years but you people are special.

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

Summit 1/28/05 again

Der,

The difference between Iteneniries is the COOK islands offer more water sports etc. and the Marquesa's are musch less developed.

you need to decide for yourself which would be best for you icon_smile.gif

Wystiria~

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04-10/24/04 Back to Back!

Legend 1/03

Holiday 1/02

Destiny 1/01

Archived