NCL Escape Connecting Balconies

tcald429

We booked a cruise with another couple and got side by side balcony rooms. I thought I had seen online that you could request for the balcony dividers to be opened so that the two rooms would be joined. When I asked the NCL representative on the phone, he stated that the dividers would only be opened for fire emergencies or maintenance. Is this true?

It seems to be true. We had asked on our last couple of NCL cruises, and they told us the same thing.

Bummer, I can't really understand the reasoning behind that. What's the difference between that and rooms with adjoining doors? Oh well, not a huge deal I guess.

I think it has to do with the direction the doors go, and what they cover when they are hooked open. When I cruised Carnival we used to get the balcony doors opened. They stopped it also. I have heard of people opening the doors themselves. I would be interested in seeing if people have had them open on certain ships. Maybe it is just the "newer" ones.

I think it has to do with the direction the doors go, and what they cover when they are hooked open. When I cruised Carnival we used to get the balcony doors opened. They stopped it also. I have heard of people opening the doors themselves. I would be interested in seeing if people have had them open on certain ships. Maybe it is just the "newer" ones.

Maybe I'll leave a nice "fat" tip in the room before I ask lol

We booked a cruise with another couple and got side by side balcony rooms. I thought I had seen online that you could request for the balcony dividers to be opened so that the two rooms would be joined. When I asked the NCL representative on the phone, he stated that the dividers would only be opened for fire emergencies or maintenance. Is this true?

We have heard that also but we were on the Escape last month and we had a balcony that stuck out a little bit and we could look back and we noticed many balconies had the dividers open and people were walking back and forth between room. (this may be something that was opened for them or they might have had to do it themselves)

I am going to be bummed out if I can't open the divider between our 2 adjoining balcony cabins for a B2B starting July 23. Based on everything I have been reading recently, seems like the "official" rules say they won't/can't do it, but others say it can be done. It looks like we will have to "grease" the room steward a little more than usual.:p

Don't see how you can do it yourself. Would love to hear how.

We were on the Escape late April this year in a balcony cabin on deck 13. The 2 cabins next to us ( could have been 3 ) had the dividers open and many kids were running from one cabin balcony to the next one. Adults did no supervising and they were loud. I kind of wish the dividers wouldn't be opened!

Two years ago on the Dawn we had adjoining balconies that we asked to have connected. They would not let us; they claimed it was a safety issue. I think it has something to do with fire and how quickly fire can spread if the doors on the balconies are open.

"Policy" is that they aren't opened. But if you read the reviews, you'll find many cruisers have asked their room stewards about it and it's been done for them.