How do you get out of bed on the Zenith ????

bryanjaync

Saw a pic of a non-suite cabin on the zenith. The twin beds were together...but one side of the now-double bed was flush against the cabin wall, and the other side had the nightstand and walking area......So is it common on the Zenith for one person (against the wall) to have crawl over the other or to the foot to get out of bed....Really cannot see my 75 yo parents liking that arrangement.

Hey, don't sell those 75 year olds short! Maybe they might enjoy rolling over one another. ;)

My old mother at 75 would sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag when visiting her friends. And now at 85, she can still sit on the floor with her legs tucked under her.

I can't! And I am 58.

I think they will work it out. Check with them.

celtic

That's the way it is, I'm sorry to say. But I had no trouble getting my 70 year old body off the end of the bed. You don't have to crawl over the other person. Just scoot to the end and get out there. Leave the bathroom light on so you can see a little bit. Unless they are really incapacitated your parents, or at least one of them, should not have much trouble. They will love the Zenith. She is a little jewel of a ship.

Your travel agent is supposed to request "apart" or "together". It will show up on your reservation page on Celebrity, and you will see it in your documents when they arrive. I was travelling to Alaska with a friend and not my husband, and the room was arranged as a double when we boarded. When the steward saw our faces, she said they'd switch it to single beds, apart. It was done by the time we ate at the buffet.

We've had that small of a cabin before. The first couple of nights, I had to crawl out, what a pain. We had the beds separated, but still had visitation rights. It was weird, but we both got more sleep (I get up several times a night).

Have a normal "Queen" bed that was fixed in place. It ran with the ship and not up against any wall. You could walk up to see out the window rather than crawl over the bed..

I note that there appears to be a wall bunk now in the brochure. I don't recall that..so things may have changed.

Up against the wall is a problem but not an insurmountable one.

I have a related question: according to the X website virtual tour, when the beds are put together, they make a "double bed." On Summit they make a queen-sized bed. Is double correct?

If so, I may need to have the beds separated just to get 50% of the space. <g>

M/R

I have a related question: according to the X website virtual tour, when the beds are put together, they make a "double bed." On Summit they make a queen-sized bed. Is double correct?

M/R

Just got off the Zenith and with the twin beds pushed together it was definitely larger than a queen bed. At home, in my queen bed, my husband and I feel squished ... Or maybe, we grew due to all the food we ate... ;)

Archived