MDR request

When you send an email requesting a certain size table etc. do they email you back to let you know they received it? I wasn't expecting a decision but I was expecting an email acknowledging that they had received it.

Sue

:)

When you send an email requesting a certain size table etc. do they email you back to let you know they received it? I wasn't expecting a decision but I was expecting an email acknowledging that they had received it.

Sue

:)

They did not send me an acknowledgement until I started asking specifically for it. Now I get an acknowlegment of my request about half the time, and a few days later I get a confirmation of my request.

I sent an email about 45 days before sailing and got an email acknowledgment back within 10 mins. The next day I got a screen shot of our actual table assignment. I sent the message to the restaurant coordinator for our ship, not the general "dining request" email address. Seems as though it can be a crap shoot.

Edited by KMagz

I sent an email about 45 days before sailing and got an email acknowledgment back within 10 mins. The next day I got a screen shot of our actual table assignment. I sent the message to the restaurant coordinator for our ship, not the general "dining request" email address. Seems as though it can be a crap shoot.

What email address did you use when you got the 10 minutes response and the table confirmation the next day? I have to make table requests for our group of 30+ people and we want to be seated together in the same area.

Hopefully, with a group that large, you will be doing traditional seating and will have "linked" your reservation numbers! That way, your tables (all together) will be waiting for you nightly!

Large groups are harder to seat in MTD, as it's like a land-based restaurant, and folks come and go at random, so tables together are hard to arrange.

How do you find out the e-mail address of a specific ship. We are going on the Allure. One of the requests is to accomodate a disabled person in our group. Thank you.

Sue

How do you find out the e-mail address of a specific ship. We are going on the Allure. One of the requests is to accomodate a disabled person in our group. Thank you.

Sue

If you send to the generic address (rcldining@rccl.com), they will forward to the appropriate ship address.

I notice many of you send requests directly to RCI. Do you not use a travel agent? Is it better to deal direct?

We use a travel agent, but prefer to send dining table preferences direct. However, if the travel agent puts us into a group booking, then we let the travel agent deal request the dining preferences.

Hopefully, with a group that large, you will be doing traditional seating and will have "linked" your reservation numbers! That way, your tables (all together) will be waiting for you nightly!

Large groups are harder to seat in MTD, as it's like a land-based restaurant, and folks come and go at random, so tables together are hard to arrange.

We have early traditional seating and yes, planning to link everyone [emoji4] With 30+ people that sounds like a nightmare to do MTD at least with my family. Rounding up everyone to get there at the same time each night for MTD wouldn't be a good idea [emoji16]