7 night Greece & Croatia cruise

Ramekin40

I'm sorry it's a weather question but it's my 1st cruise. We are visiting Dubrovnik, Kusadasi, Santorini and Katakolon from 3-9 September sailing on Vision from Venice. Can anyone tell me what the weather may be like as I have no idea what to pack (it's so much easier when it's a beach holiday)

Thank you :)

Sorry...no one can predict the weather 3 or 4 months in advance. Just not possible. A vague statement like "hot and sunny" is subjective, at best. "Hot"? Like August "hot"? I don't think so.

The best thing you can do is a search for historical weather data, to get an idea of averages. So try a search for "Athens October weather" or similar for one or two of your ports.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Over the past 30 years I've been to many Greek islands in very late August into the middle of September and have never experienced weather other hot (24c to 33c) and sunny. Yes, there's been an occasional rain cloud, like you'd get at any time of year, but they've been fleeting. For the last 2 years I've spent the very last week of October in Turkey and the daytime temperature was between 24c and 27c. Hot but bearable. I love Greece and her islands but some of them (Rhodes, Cyprus, Crete) can be just too hot late July/early August. We once went to Cyprus the first two weeks of August and the temperature some days reached 44c - just too hot to even sit on a beach.

Figures for 2015 show that in the week specified :

Dubrovnik Max 34 C (93F)

Kusadasi Max 36C (96F)

Santorini Max 27C (80F)

Kata Max 30 C (86F)

These figures can only be seen as a guide and obviously can fluctuate. Climate is expected but weather is what you get.

Edited by Jack Staff

Figures for 2015 show that in the week specified :

Dubrovnik Max 34 C (93F)

Kusadasi Max 36C (96F)

Santorini Max 27C (80F)

Kata Max 30 C (86F)

These figures can only be seen as a guide and obviously can fluctuate. Climate is expected but weather is what you get.

This will do very nicely indeed, thanks for your reply :)