Mr Sanchos/Nachi Cocum

cocacola86

Been to Mr Sanchos only once and it was for about 4.5 hours. We liked it and paid for the AI. They only had Buffet menu then... people have now told me they do made to order now which is great. More of a party atmosphere and they do a fantastic job with the place. The service is outstanding, the food is good, drinks are good, Pool and bad is awesome, and the beach is wonderful. Biggest things I didn't like about it was the Buffet menu and the crowds.

Been to Nachi many, many times and we love it. We are booked to go back in Sept. The service is outstanding, we love the food and drinks (ask for stronger if needed), same beach as Sanchos so wonderful, pool and pool bar is awesome, and we like to rent the Jet Ski from there and also parasail. They have other excursions there at the desk - kayaks, etc. Biggest thing that we love about it is they only allow 100 people into the whole place and it is quiet/relaxing. Very rustic and not much concrete -- which we love.

Both places are great in their own way. It just depend on what is best for you.

How is the beach decline/incline at Nachi ? I have read posts that stay it is anywhere from Steep as a hill, and folks had to ask for assistance to get out of the water, to it is a slight drop. DH has knee issues, so I am trying to decide which beach will be easier for him Nachi or Sancho's.

Thank you ..

The waves and sand at Nachi (some imported? :confused:) cause a "step" to form in some parts of the shore - maybe 6 inches. It is soft sand but not especially challenging unless you've had a few too many dirty monkeys for breakfast. :o

I would focus more on the amenities when deciding between the two.

• 2 weeks later...
The waves and sand at Nachi (some imported? :confused:) cause a "step" to form in some parts of the shore - maybe 6 inches. It is soft sand but not especially challenging unless you've had a few too many dirty monkeys for breakfast. :o

I would focus more on the amenities when deciding between the two.

Thank you. We decided to Book Nachi, for a more quiet experience.

I loved Nachi a lot more than Sanchos. A lot more laid back. Like someone once told me, Nachi is the Serenity Deck and Sanchos is the Lido Deck. Both great in their own ways. I prefer the food, drinks, beach, and service more than Sanchos. Nachi has more open space since they only allow 100 people in there.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing in October. We are leaning towards Mr. Sanchos! Do we have to book ahead of time or can we take a taxi to Mr. Sanchos and at when we get there? also If we do pay ahead and there is a chance that weather is bad or port gets cancelled do we get a refund?

We are sailing in October. We are leaning towards Mr. Sanchos! Do we have to book ahead of time or can we take a taxi to Mr. Sanchos and at when we get there? also If we do pay ahead and there is a chance that weather is bad or port gets cancelled do we get a refund?

You do not need to book ahead, but booking ahead will save you $5 each; you can take a taxi there without reservation, pay and enjoy the day.

Look at the websites for details on cancellations.

We have been to both. While I like them both, I prefer Mr Sancho's. It has more to do and I prefer their food and drinks.(the shrimp cocktail and ceviche is to die for). The beach is wider at Mr Sancho's and if you want a massage, ask for Dulce. She has magic hands!!!

Do you remember how much Dulce charges?

note regarding Mr. Sanchez, you have a choice... all inclusive or pay as you go.

We will be there in Nov. and again in Feb.

We were there last Feb and had reservations for the Crab Shack on the Regal that nite, We got back to ship and immediately canceled reservation, there was no way any of us could eat anymore (for awhile anyway, LOL).

ust to tell a little story here, We went to Nachi Cocom and were having our second drink and mine was fine and wife thought hers was bit too strong, she is not a big drinker. Anyway I jokingly told our server to ask the bar tender to take a bit of the alcohol out of my wife's drink and put it in mind. When the drinks arrived he had done just that. Both were perfect. Sometimes there is a language barrier and sometimes there isn't.

My two cents on the two places. Both were great places, Both been in business a while doing things the same way for years. So that says something. We prefer Nachi Cocom because we are looking for that peace and quiet that it is more likely to give. Food wise we have not been to Mr Sanchos since they added ordering food. Nachi in the past was somewhat more Mexican, less Americanized. But both were very good.

Hoping someone can help me with this. Heading to Cozumel in Feb and trying to decide between Mr Sanchos vc Nachi.

Was going to go with Mr Sanchos because I saw online they offer horse back riding and we want to do that... but then someone posted here that they are right next to each other.

So my question is how far apart are they if I walk down the beach? Could I book at Nachi (to get some peace and quiet), but then walk down to Sanchos and do the horse riding tour?

While you can see the water toys at Mr. Sanchos from Nachi, they are not exactly close - probably 1/2 mile or so. I've never thought about using some of the facilities/extras at Sanchos while booked into Nachi - not sure if that would work. :confused:

I would book at Mr. Sanchos - they may schedule you for a horse later in the day and making that trek multiple times does not sound fun.

Have a great cruise. :)