The Upgrade Fairy DOES exist!!!

LSM1018

We are sailing on the November 5th Zenith 5 nighter. After reading about upgrades on the boards, I went to Celebrity's web site to check my reservation. Lo and behold, we have been upgraded to Concierge Class. I have heard folks booking guarantees and being upgraded, but we had booked a category 4. Now I know that is not quite like booking an inside and getting a suite, but I am SO excited. I called the Captain's Club to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and they confirmed the upgrade. They said it was done by the Revenue Department, and OK'd by my travel agent (who, by the way, never informed me). THANK YOU, CELEBRITY!!! :D :D :D

We have sailed only once with Celebrity, but have this and another cruise (11 nighter) booked. We have sailed quite a few times with RCI, which qualifies us as Celebrity Select. I have no idea if there is any method to the madness, but now I truely believe in fairies!:)

Hi IMA!

We're on the same cruise and we also got a visit from the upgrade fairy! Booked a cat 9 inside and were bumped all the way to cat 5 outside!

I was pretty excited too, especially since this is the first sailing after drydock, everything will be fresh and clean! Look forward to seeing what has been done.

Are you a frequent Celebrity cruiser or have you only been on a couple? Any method to the fairy's madness?

Hi Gypsea !

There is no method as to how the fairy works :)

I have been on a very large # of Celebrity sailings, and never been upgraded Once. I suppose much of it has to do with how full the sailings are, and... being at the right place at the right time.

Maybe someday, I will get a visit, but.... I always pick the cabin I want, so that I will be happy no matter what happens.

I got an upgrade from an inside, Cat 9 to an outside Cat 5 on our 14 night Hawaii trip Nov 6. Found out when I called Captains Clubs on another issue. Didn't like the location (lower deck, way forward) and was returned to my original cabin that was in a much better location. I think if they are going to upgrade you, they should at least give you a call first to make sure you want the upgrade. Had I not called, I would not have known until we were on board and then it would have been too late.

i just booked two quad oceanview rooms with connecting doors on the very bottom of the ship for SF to Alaska on Infinity (5-20-06).

I dont know if my hubby told the cruise to keep these rooms for good or open to upgrade. I'll find out.

However, I got a question....has anyone have had two quad rooms upgrading to another two rooms that is connected? Should I call and tell them we are open to upgrades only if we can stay together in a upgrade? We have kids and I dont want to lose them somewhere on the ship.

Thanks for any response.

BTW...CONGRATS on your upgrades! THATS AWESOME!

In March we were in a CC and upgraded to a Celebrity Suite. It was the best cruise we have had since it was around Cape Horn and up to Chile. The scenery was beautiful. Our TA call and asked if we wanted the upgrade before it was made. It was the first upgrade we have had.

Don

Traveling on the Millennium Dec. 11, I had booked a "guaranty" balcony. By checking online, I discovered we had been upgraded to a Concierge Class balcony on the sky deck. I'll take it without being asked! Yes, I checked the ship layout and it is fine...overhang and all.

Hi folks:

My dh and I recently returned from a 7 day cruise on the Summit. We too had a wonderful surprise - we got to the port and we were upgraded to a category 4 (outside) from the 9 inside we had booked. My T/A had no idea until we told him on our return.

We have always chosen a category 9 on the highest available deck of cabins as I hate the idea of being low down in the ship (no idea where this came from as I am not claustrophobic).

Anyway - Celebrity saw us coming 'cos we booked another cruise while on the Summit but this time a category 4! Something tells me my dh will only ever want this type of cabin now.

Archived