Using OBS for Beverage Package

I've just tried to order my beverage package online and was hoping that when I got to check out, I would be presented with the promotional code option so that I could use my OBS but it's not there. Does anyone know if I can use OBS for this? As it's 'on-board' does that mean I need to wait and purchase the beverage package on-board with the OBS?

You can do it onboard :)

I thought I saw some screenshots some people put up recently where they were shown a dialogue box that said "Your onboard credit will now be applied to purchases made in the pre-cruise planner" or similar... but maybe this hasn't filtered down to all bookings yet?

On our last cruise I was told you can buy with credit card beforehand and they can change it to your acct when you get on board so your OBC will be used and your credit card will be refunded....havent tried it yet so I would reverify.

On our last cruise I was told you can buy with credit card beforehand and they can change it to your acct when you get on board so your OBC will be used and your credit card will be refunded....havent tried it yet so I would reverify.

Not true, probably another made up story by the ever creative Royal customer service agents.

If you cancel onboard, the credit goes to your onboard account, not to your credit card.

Note that this may still be useful as this credit should be refundable. Royal should use the non-refundable credits first, then any remaining refundable credit should automatically go back to the credit card used to secure the onboard account. What would worry me is that there are too many "shoulds" involved.