Oasis random question

Getting ready for my 8/7/16 Oasis trip and had a few questions..

Its been a few years since my last Royal cruise, and my first time on a ship this big. The last one I remember taking was a Liberty of the Seas.

#1 I was looking at my cruise on the Royal web site, and it looks like the shows are different now. They are showing cats 3 nights, and Fly away 2 nights. They used to have a different show every night so I wanted to ask if this is no longer the case?

#2 I will buy a soda package and was curious if there was any difference between the $8 and the next one up besides the juice options? Before when we purchased the lowest price one we still got served soda at dinner is that still the case? Is it any cheaper to buy them now vs on the ship?

Oasis has so many guests that they need to have more than the traditional two performances per evening to accommodate all the guests. However, you should be able to choose a different show every evening.

The Replenish package adds bottled still and sparking water, fresh squeezed juices, and specialty coffees and teas.

Edited by clarea

Shows are handled differently on Oasis class ships. There are six different shows you can book and they are shown on multiple nights since no one venue can seat all passengers at once. You can book CATS, Come Fly with Me, Oasis of Dreams, Headliner Show, Comedy Club and Frozen in Time. They also have the stuff you see on other ships, like Love and Marriage Show, Quest and Battle of the Sexes, but those don't need reservations.

Beverage packages are cheaper before you board, if your cruise has a sail price in the planner, ours did not. The non-alcoholic packages do not seem to go on sail, however.

All shows will be changing on each cruise because they have to take breaks between cruises. And for the drinks i guess it would depend on what drink you are interested in getting. All dining options and show options are on the royal caribbean app or the website!

--jakethecruiser

All shows will be changing on each cruise because they have to take breaks between cruises. And for the drinks i guess it would depend on what drink you are interested in getting. All dining options and show options are on the royal caribbean app or the website!

--jakethecruiser

Not sure what you mean by this. What shows are changing on Oasis? CATS will be on Oasis for about 5 years.

I mean how its played out you wont really be seeing the SAME EXACT SHOW for 5 years. That was just worded wrong. I do recommend checking out your cruise on the app or website for more info

--jakethecruiser

If you are talking about the Royal IQ app, that does not work on Oasis. If only works on a very few ships.

One of the replies mentions book the show. Do you have to make reservations of some kind?

Yes, you should make reservations online using the cruise planner in my cruises for the six shows I listed. You can also make dining reservations too if you have my time dining or if you want to eat in a specialty restaurant.

Shows are handled differently on Oasis class ships. There are six different shows you can book and they are shown on multiple nights since no one venue can seat all passengers at once. You can book CATS, Come Fly with Me, Oasis of Dreams, Headliner Show, Comedy Club and Frozen in Time. They also have the stuff you see on other ships, like Love and Marriage Show, Quest and Battle of the Sexes, but those don't need reservations.

Beverage packages are cheaper before you board, if your cruise has a sail price in the planner, ours did not. The non-alcoholic packages do not seem to go on sail, however.

What do you mean sale price in the planner? Whats the planner? If I look at my reservation I can add the refreshment package for $8 / day or the replenish for $19 / day. How much is it on board?

On the replenish where will the bottled water be available? Does anyone know if the kids can order virgin versions of the drinks on the replenish package?

What do you mean sale price in the planner? Whats the planner? If I look at my reservation I can add the refreshment package for $8 / day or the replenish for $19 / day. How much is it on board?

On the replenish where will the bottled water be available? Does anyone know if the kids can order virgin versions of the drinks on the replenish package?

There are promotions going on for drink packages on some sailings. If there is one available for you sailing, you will see it in the cruise planner. Alcohol packages are 20% off for some sailings. I have not seen a sale on the non-alcoholic packages. Replenish does cover bottled still and sparkling water and frozen virgin cocktails.