Worried about paying our cruise off too quickly....

My boyfriend and I are booked on the Oasis for next May 2017. Due to several price drops, we only have $62 left to pay on our fare. I'm concerned that with the next price drop, our cruise may be paid off and we will be unable to monitor and change as needed (please correct me if I am wrong about this, first cruise I'm planning alone. I think boyfriend is just planning on showing up (; ). Am I thinking of this the wrong way or being too greedy? Saving money is just my thing. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My boyfriend and I are booked on the Oasis for next May 2017. Due to several price drops, we only have $62 left to pay on our fare. I'm concerned that with the next price drop, our cruise may be paid off and we will be unable to monitor and change as needed (please correct me if I am wrong about this, first cruise I'm planning alone. I think boyfriend is just planning on showing up (; ). Am I thinking of this the wrong way or being too greedy? Saving money is just my thing. Any suggestions?

You can get price drops up until final payment date, regardless of if you have paid off the cruise.

You can get price drops up until final payment date, regardless of if you have paid off the cruise.

This is new information to me! Thank you! What about new deals ? Like if RCI puts out a new sale? Am I able to change to those as well?

This is new information to me! Thank you! What about new deals ? Like if RCI puts out a new sale? Am I able to change to those as well?

Generally yes, but I have seen reports here where they seem to be enforcing the "new bookings only" restriction inconsistently. Especially for those bookings where you would lose your deposit (such as when you book onboard and take the OBC immediately) if you cancel and rebook.

They seem to be more likely to bend the "new bookings only" restriction if you are moving to a category that would cause you to give them more money.

In any case, as long as it's before final payment date, it does not seem to matter if you have paid off the cruise early.

Edited by clarea

Generally yes, but I have seen reports here where they seem to be enforcing the "new bookings only" restriction inconsistently. Especially for those bookings where you would lose your deposit (such as when you book onboard and take the OBC immediately) if you cancel and rebook.

They seem to be more likely to bend the "new bookings only" restriction if you are moving to a category that would cause you to give them more money.

I'll let my TA fight it out with them :) thank you

Thank you:) were both young (22 and 28) so I have been very proud of our budgeting skills!

Impressive! Now you have 11 months to pre-pay any excursions or other onboard expenses. When you go, it will all be paid for and won't that feel great. I think that's my favorite thing about cruises as a vacation. I pre pay for most everything and when I come home, I don't have a large bill to worry about.

I generally pay our cruises off anywhere between 1 & 2 months before final. When using my credit card to make the payments, I set up a payment plan on what payment will be made toward the cruise during the year or more, then the amount to pay back the Credit Card. I use a separate acct from my personal acct and do monthly deposits so when I am paying off the Credit card the payments are made from the Cruise acct along with airlines & Tours. i pre pay DH Beer package so that is not on our final bill at the end of our cruise. Any charges owed such as Hotel etc is taken care of by the Cruise Acct.

The only restriction I'm aware of after paying the balance in full is it can no longer be transferred to a TA. Sounds like you have a TA already so no worries there. I have paid off the balance early before and had price drops and other promos applied afterwards, they just refunded partial payments to my credit card.

Good job getting it paid off early!