Carnival Pride - Automatic Doors Out of Service

THIS IS MY SECOND CRUISE ON THE CARNIVAL PRIDE IN THE LAST (3) MONTHS.

THE AUTOMATIC DOORS USED BY THE HANDICAPPED ARE STILL OUT OF SERVICE?

See below photograph.

My wife and I just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Carnival Pride.

Booking # 1NZ2B7

Carnival Pride 05/June/2016

Sailing Duration 7 nights

Stateroom # 4235. Suite

WALLACE BRENTON 7670583975 DIAMOND

Again, on the Carnival Pride the Two automatic doors opening to the promenade deck, used by the handicapped, on both sides of the ship forward, were out of service for the entire cruise?

I am handicapped and use a wheelchair and required assistance to reach the promenade deck.

Again, the clock on the wall in the spa hot tub was broken the entire cruise. I have high blood pressure and try to limit my time in the spa hot tub. Without a working clock it makes is somewhat difficult.

SEE BELOW PHOTOGRAPH:

LETTER SENT ON MARCH 30, 2016

CCL Pride 14 nights March 13, 2016

I have sailed on the Carnival Pride eleven times. This is the first time that I have encountered maintenance problems

BOOKING NO: 7Z0MT2

SAILING: CARNIVAL PRIDE 13/Mar/2016

SAILING DURATION: 14 days

STATEROOM: 1105

CATEGORY: 6A OCEANVIEW

On the Carnival Pride the Two automatic doors opening to the promenade deck, used by the handicapped, on both sides of the ship forward, were out of service for the entire cruise?

I am handicapped and use a wheelchair and required assistance to reach the promenade deck.

The clock on the wall in the spa hot tub was broken the entire cruise. I have high blood pressure and try to limit my time in the spa hot tub. Without a working clock it makes is somewhat difficult.

Also, there was White paint flakes and white paint spots all over the promenade deck. The Outside doors on the promenade deck are missing paint.

Please advise what action can be taken?

Thank you,

Wallace Brenton

Diamond Member # 7670583975

ImageUploadedByForums1466365169.771654.jpg.f4b8fe03767e43ee1021037b2ce684d4.jpgAt the moment? It has been out of service for over three months. Please fix. I am sailing again on the Carnival Pride on 31 July 2016.

Stateroom # 7245 - Balcony

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1. Was there no access at all to the promenade, that could have been used with assistance from others? Obviously they are waiting on a part, and are at the mercy of the manufacturer for delivery date. Regardless of whether you are sailing again in July, they can't just squat down and produce the needed parts.

2. If timing is so important to your health, bring your own watch or portable clock.

3. You're complaining about paint flakes and "missing paint"?

See below photograph.

Booking # 1NZ2B7

Stateroom # 4235. Suite

Again, on the Carnival Pride the Two automatic doors opening to the promenade deck, used by the handicapped, on both sides of the ship forward, were out of service for the entire cruise?

Again, the clock on the wall in the spa hot tub was broken the entire cruise. I have high blood pressure and try to limit my time in the spa hot tub. Without a working clock it makes is somewhat difficult.

SEE BELOW PHOTOGRAPH:

I have sailed on the Carnival Pride eleven times. This is the first time that I have encountered maintenance problems

On the Carnival Pride the Two automatic doors opening to the promenade deck, used by the handicapped, on both sides of the ship forward, were out of service for the entire cruise?

The clock on the wall in the spa hot tub was broken the entire cruise. I have high blood pressure and try to limit my time in the spa hot tub. Without a working clock it makes is somewhat difficult.

Also, there was White paint flakes and white paint spots all over the promenade deck. The Outside doors on the promenade deck are missing paint.

Thank you,

Wallace Brenton

[ATTACH]388274[/ATTACH]At the moment? It has been out of service for over three months. Please fix. I am sailing again on the Carnival Pride on 31 July 2016.

Change ships and or lines.

chenghp75

If you had read my complaint carefully, you would have noted "required assistance to reach the promenade deck." Yes, I received assistance from others several times everyday. However, many handicapped individuals like to be independent and not have to reply on help from others.

Also, It is not obvious that they are waiting for a part, since there are two different set of doors involved. One set of doors on each side of the ship on deck three forward. Maybe they are just letting it go?

When the ship has a clock in their spa, I believe it is incumbent on them to provide the correct time. Especially, when you give them 3 months to repair or replace it?

And finally, I was pointing out that the maintenance on this ship is not what it used to be, with missing paint and paint spots on the promenade deck?

Wallygator

chenghp75

If you had read my complaint carefully, you would have noted "required assistance to reach the promenade deck." Yes, I received assistance from others several times everyday. However, many handicapped individuals like to be independent and not have to reply on help from others.

Also, It is not obvious that they are waiting for a part, since there are two different set of doors involved. One set of doors on each side of the ship on deck three forward. Maybe they are just letting it go?

When the ship has a clock in their spa, I believe it is incumbent on them to provide the correct time. Especially, when you give them 3 months to repair or replace it?

And finally, I was pointing out that the maintenance on this ship is not what it used to be, with missing paint and paint spots on the promenade deck?

Wallygator

Just because two doors are involved makes it obvious that they are "letting repairs go"? Trust me, in the big scheme of things, repairing two automatic doors is not even a blip on the maintenance budget, so that's not going to be an area where they are going to skimp. Especially after they caved in to the DOJ on ADA requirements, do you think they would purposely not have an accessibility feature working?

While I applaud and understand the desire to be independent, you do know that, regardless of the settlement with the DOJ, that the ADA does not fully apply to foreign cruise ships, and that as long as the doorways have accessible thresholds, the provision of automatic doors fall within the "internal policies and procedures" of the foreign flag ship, and is explicitly excluded from ADA compliance by the US Supreme Court in Specter v. NCL. Not saying they shouldn't or won't repair the doors, but just that it is not that large an issue for them. These automated doors are made in Europe, and they don't always stock every part all the time.

I would have to say that on any of your past cruises, there were areas of the ship that needed chipping and painting. It is a constant job onboard ships, and that is what most of the deck department is there for.

All of the ship's clocks that are mounted on the walls are central clocks, so there is wiring from that clock all the way back to the bridge. Perhaps there is a break in the wiring somewhere, and they are trying to locate it without disrupting the guests too much by tearing down the ceiling panels in the passageways except during turn around, or the wire is buried with 25 others in the wireway, and they are trying to either get it free or run a new cable, again with minimum disruption or complaints of "construction zone" by having the ceilings down. How many public buildings, malls, etc., have the wrong time presented?

sail on newer ships

Remember, even new(er) ships frequently have problems.

As for a necessary mechanical part of a system made in a foreign country: in my place of employment, the fan for our "sealed" building's air conditioning system was made in France. That fan failed and a new one had to be made. We suffered for months until the fan could be manufactured, shipped, and installed.

Just because two doors are involved makes it obvious that they are "letting repairs go"? Trust me, in the big scheme of things, repairing two automatic doors is not even a blip on the maintenance budget, so that's not going to be an area where they are going to skimp. Especially after they caved in to the DOJ on ADA requirements, do you think they would purposely not have an accessibility feature working?

While I applaud and understand the desire to be independent, you do know that, regardless of the settlement with the DOJ, that the ADA does not fully apply to foreign cruise ships, and that as long as the doorways have accessible thresholds, the provision of automatic doors fall within the "internal policies and procedures" of the foreign flag ship, and is explicitly excluded from ADA compliance by the US Supreme Court in Specter v. NCL. Not saying they shouldn't or won't repair the doors, but just that it is not that large an issue for them. These automated doors are made in Europe, and they don't always stock every part all the time.

I would have to say that on any of your past cruises, there were areas of the ship that needed chipping and painting. It is a constant job onboard ships, and that is what most of the deck department is there for.

All of the ship's clocks that are mounted on the walls are central clocks, so there is wiring from that clock all the way back to the bridge. Perhaps there is a break in the wiring somewhere, and they are trying to locate it without disrupting the guests too much by tearing down the ceiling panels in the passageways except during turn around, or the wire is buried with 25 others in the wireway, and they are trying to either get it free or run a new cable, again with minimum disruption or complaints of "construction zone" by having the ceilings down. How many public buildings, malls, etc., have the wrong time presented?

I really enjoyed reading your post. You have defended Carnival, the rust bucket cruise line, the Walmart of the Seas, and the cruise line that doesn't care quite well.

See below photograph.

Booking # 1NZ2B7

Stateroom # 4235. Suite

SEE BELOW PHOTOGRAPH:

Thank you,

Wallace Brenton

[ATTACH]388274[/ATTACH]At the moment? It has been out of service for over three months. Please fix. I am sailing again on the Carnival Pride on 31 July 2016.

I had numerous complaints about Carnival, that were never answered, and this is going back years. Carnival is not going to change, but you can. I encourage you to branch out, spend a little more money, and find a cruise line that cares.

I really enjoyed reading your post. You have defended Carnival, the rust bucket cruise line, the Walmart of the Seas, and the cruise line that doesn't care quite well.

I have also blasted Carnival as well, when justified. Similarly, I have defended or blasted most other cruise lines, again as justified. I seem to remember blasting your preferred cruise line over their complete corporate inability to determine that one of their ships needed the galleys gutted and renewed, and couldn't figure out that delivery of the required materials would take months, not days, to obtain, and "didn't care" about the passengers enough to cancel cruises more than 5 days in advance.

Unlike many here on CC, yourself included, I don't take a positive attitude towards one line and negative towards another. I have no personal preference one way or another with any cruise line, no "dog in the hunt", and personally don't understand those who push their personal agenda to the exclusion of all else. I use my professional experience to determine whether a complaint or comment about a cruise line is justified or not, and in many cases will add qualifying disclaimers when all facts are not known.

I have also blasted Carnival as well, when justified. Similarly, I have defended or blasted most other cruise lines, again as justified. I seem to remember blasting your preferred cruise line over their complete corporate inability to determine that one of their ships needed the galleys gutted and renewed, and couldn't figure out that delivery of the required materials would take months, not days, to obtain, and "didn't care" about the passengers enough to cancel cruises more than 5 days in advance.

Unlike many here on CC, yourself included, I don't take a positive attitude towards one line and negative towards another. I have no personal preference one way or another with any cruise line, no "dog in the hunt", and personally don't understand those who push their personal agenda to the exclusion of all else. I use my professional experience to determine whether a complaint or comment about a cruise line is justified or not, and in many cases will add qualifying disclaimers when all facts are not known.

I didn't think it was possible, but I love you even more after that post. Hit the nail on the head as usual.

We sailed on Pride in 2006 and again 6-5-16. I saw those signs but I didn't read them. I figured they were the "Don't go out, the deck is slippery" signs.

She is such a beautiful ship, I hope you enjoyed the cruise anyway.

:)