Turtle Farm and Stingrays

LJH0727

Teenage girls want to do both the turtle farm and stingray encounter. Can this be purchased separately once we get to port or should we purchase it through Carnival? I'm leery of the excursion through Carnival as many reviews say it was rushed and they didn't feel they had enough time to enjoy it. Or if we purchase the excursion, could we stay later and grab a taxi back? Thanks!

Grand Cayman is a tender port.

Depending on how long your time is for this port, you can book independently once ashore. You will have to allow time for the tendering process. Sometimes it is goes quickly and sometimes slow -- it all depends on how many ships are in port with you.

I would recommend booking through the ship, just so you get back to the ship on time. I went on the stingray and dolphin excursion in Grand Cayman and loved it! I particularly liked the stingray part, because you are out in the ocean with them on a sandbar, where as for the dolphins you are in an enclosure. I have also been to the turtle farm, but on a different excursion another time and I enjoyed that one too.

Can this be purchased separately once we get to port or should we purchase it through Carnival? I'm leery of the excursion through Carnival as many reviews say it was rushed and they didn't feel they had enough time to enjoy it.

I can see why they say it was rushed. Lots of travel involved for this one, getting out to the stingray area and then coming back and traveling by land to the turtle farm. The turtle farm itself is a bit of a drive from the port area. So if you want to do this, I personally would stick with the Carnival excursion so you are sure you will get back on time. I would be afraid of missing the ship if you tried to do these separately.

If you wanted to do the turtle excursion and then the dolphin excursion you would be fine on your own. The turtle farm and the dolphin place are literally right across the street from each other, so you could cab it up and cab it back at your leisure. But keep in mind, if there are numerous ships in port, traffic can be crazy so allow time for that also.