Norwegian Sun Rail from Seward to Anchorage

newzandile

We booked rail through NCL from Seward to Anchorage, first thing after we disembark. What are the rail cars like? Will we have access to the dome cars or not? There weren't any options when we booked it.

Thanks!

Shannon

All the cars are dome cars. I did that same trip a few weeks ago; it was terrific. It's four-person booths, groups are seated together, and you're free to get up and move around to take pictures or just stretch your legs. You also have the option of going to an open-air standing platform to take pictures on one or both ends of the car. The food and beverages are tasty (if a little pricey) and they have several bathrooms available in every car. The scenery was amazing, the car attendants pointed out interesting sites and some of the history of the regions we passed through.

It was a 4.5-hour ride and I gladly would have taken that train all day.

All the cars are dome cars. I did that same trip a few weeks ago; it was terrific. It's four-person booths, groups are seated together, and you're free to get up and move around to take pictures or just stretch your legs. You also have the option of going to an open-air standing platform to take pictures on one or both ends of the car. The food and beverages are tasty (if a little pricey) and they have several bathrooms available in every car. The scenery was amazing, the car attendants pointed out interesting sites and some of the history of the regions we passed through.

It was a 4.5-hour ride and I gladly would have taken that train all day.

Do you recall what the cars said on the outside? In the past, NCL didn't have their own cars. With the seating you describe- those sound like Princess cars, since they are the only cruise line who uses table seating (with some complaining since 2 have to ride backwards). On those cars- assignments were for the table, with needing to outrun table mates, if you want your choice of seats. :)

All the other cruise lines, including the Alaska RR schedule, use forward facing seats.

Edited by Budget Queen