Yet Another MTD Question. Or Two.

I might have left this a little late, but I'm leaving June 27 for a 4-night cruise on Majesty with my 3 grandkids (just the 4 of us). I chose MTD because I didn't know what time we would want to eat each night. I've never done MTD before and maybe it doesn't work quite like I thought it would.

Do I HAVE to make reservations for every night, or can we just show up and wait in line until we're seated? Or is that kind of like flying on standby where you're hoping 4 open seats will come up?

Reservations are not mandatory for MTD, you can just show up. You may or may not have to wait longer without a reservation.

Edited by clarea

Good, cuz I'm having a heck of a time getting the website to let me make a reservation for more than 1 day.

If you don't have any luck with the website, you can go to the MTD desk right after you board and try to make reservations there.

Hello there.

Reservations for My Time Dining are strongly encouraged, however, they aren't mandatory.

We hope this answers your question.

I usually make reservations for the time we usually like to eat (7:00 or 7:30) and then we adjust daily based on what we want to do by going to the MTD desk.

You won't be able to make reservations in advance for the "popular" times....which is 6:45-7:45 or so...you have to do that on the ship.

We prefer late traditional..all of the shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional seatings...no guesswork!

You won't be able to make reservations in advance for the "popular" times....which is 6:45-7:45 or so...you have to do that on the ship.

We prefer late traditional..all of the shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional seatings...no guesswork!

On our last cruise, I was able to make MTD reservations in advance for every night at 7:30 - maybe this varies from ship to ship.

We always do MTD and rarely do we make reservations. We just go when we feel like. Hardly ever do we have to wait more than a couple minutes. we love the flexibility of MTD and going to eat when we want to vs having a set time.

• 7 months later...
This is my first time for MTD. I have made reservations for all nights. My question is, if I decide I don't want to eat in the MDR, do I have to cancel my reservations? Should I cancel?

You don't have to cancel, there will be no penalty. However, it would be courteous to others to cancel, so your table can be used sooner.