Horseshoe Bay or........

bkrickles1

Every time I've gone to Bermuda I've visited Horseshoe Bay and I love it every time.

I'm sure there are other beautiful beaches and maybe even more beautiful.

I'm from Long Island, so I don't care about crowding too much as I'm pretty used to it. I'm asking strictly about beauty. The sand and the water is perfect at Horseshoe Bay so it has to at least have that.

What are some other beautiful beaches that everyone has been to?

What's your favorite?

Best way to get there?

Visiting on Anthem of the Seas in July so I'm just trying to get some ideas.

Thanks

We did the walk from Warwick Beach along the South Shore back to Horseshoe a couple of years ago. There are several really beautiful beaches along that walk. We took the bus to Warwick and got off there and walked back to Horseshoe. I would recommend it to anyone who has not done it at least once on a visit to Bermuda. Take water with you. It get warm walking along the water and rocks.

Thanks.

Someone who cruised Anthem recently posted a youtube video describing the same thing. Going to Warwick and walking to Horseshoe.

My wife loves to walk along the water so this is a possibility.

Thanks again

We did the walk from Warwick Beach along the South Shore back to Horseshoe a couple of years ago. There are several really beautiful beaches along that walk. We took the bus to Warwick and got off there and walked back to Horseshoe. I would recommend it to anyone who has not done it at least once on a visit to Bermuda. Take water with you. It get warm walking along the water and rocks.

There is one area that you have to walk up on a path away from the water because huge rocks jut out into the ocean and you can not walk out around them but most of the rest of the walk, you are right along the water's edge and can dip your toes into the water any place you want to. Jobson Cove is a really pretty area along the path. There was a wedding going on there the day we took the walk.

Roughly how long a walk from Warwick to Horseshoe? Is it doable for a fairly active senior. I realize the walk can be as long as one chooses, what with stopping to enjoy the beauty of all the coves etc.

Roughly how long a walk from Warwick to Horseshoe? Is it doable for a fairly active senior. I realize the walk can be as long as one chooses, what with stopping to enjoy the beauty of all the coves etc.

In looking back through some old posts, I found one that said the walk is about .6 of mile. I would say that is about right. It is up and down in different areas and walking in the sand most of the time that is harder than walking on hard surface. My DH and I were 69 and 73 when we did the walk and had no problem completing the walk. I would say " an active Senior" could do this walk easily. Time to do it varies with the number of places that you stop and how long you admire the lovely scenery. Take your time. The walk is beautiful.

Thank you very much for the info. I thought the walk was longer than .6 miles.

I should be able to do that with no problem. Been to Bermuda many times and have never gone to Warwick so this Oct it is a must for me.

Thank you very much for the info. I thought the walk was longer than .6 miles.

I should be able to do that with no problem. Been to Bermuda many times and have never gone to Warwick so this Oct it is a must for me.

If you could walk a straight line it would be .6 miles. But you can't. So it is a little longer since in some parts you can't walk along the beach. You have to walk up and take a path behind the beach. Still I consider it a relatively easy walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk