Carnival Conquest excursion help

marcyjane

we are 60 + Ladies get away cruise and are not lay on the beach for hours people. Looking for anyone that has done or can suggest a ship sponsored excursion with Carnival Conquest were we will be safe. We will be going in October 2016. Also is there very much inside the port area were the ship dock in La Romana Thanks so much

Hi maryjane. I am going on the Conquest oct 29 and still trying to figure out what to do in La Romania. I've heard a little about a day pass to Dreams resort but I don't think it's through the ship. Hopefully you will get some good suggestions.

What is your itinerary? Other than LaRomana, what ports do you visit?

There isn't much to see at the port of LaRomana except for one large building selling mostly alcohol. This is a port where you have to book an excursion if you want to see a little of the country. We have been here twice and exited the ship, walked around for 1/2 hour and got back on the ship and enjoyed the quiet, empty ship. Most of the shore excursions offered by Carnival are way too expensive for my pocketbook. The all inclusive resorts that I have read about are also very expensive and not worth it, in my opinion. I'm sure there are many cruisers who will respond regarding shore excursions they have done and enjoyed here.

If you are stopping in Curacao and Aruba, I have info on excursions at those ports.

What is your itinerary? Other than LaRomana, what ports do you visit?

There isn't much to see at the port of LaRomana except for one large building selling mostly alcohol. This is a port where you have to book an excursion if you want to see a little of the country. We have been here twice and exited the ship, walked around for 1/2 hour and got back on the ship and enjoyed the quiet, empty ship. Most of the shore excursions offered by Carnival are way too expensive for my pocketbook. The all inclusive resorts that I have read about are also very expensive and not worth it, in my opinion. I'm sure there are many cruisers who will respond regarding shore excursions they have done and enjoyed here.

If you are stopping in Curacao and Aruba, I have info on excursions at those ports.

Yes, tattoos we are as well going to Curacao and Aruba.

We are a group of four women of a certain maturity. In Curacao we are going on the Irie bus tour. I've read some very good reviews on the company and tour so feel comfortable going on an independent excursion. We still haven't decided on Aruba, Grand Turk will be a beach day at the port and walk down to jacks shack to check out the famous dogs. Not sure what to do DR but have read many reviews that there isn't much in the port. This is one port where I would spend the extra money on a ship excursion rather than going independent.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

we are 60 + Ladies get away cruise and are not lay on the beach for hours people. Looking for anyone that has done or can suggest a ship sponsored excursion with Carnival Conquest were we will be safe. We will be going in October 2016. Also is there very much inside the port area were the ship dock in La Romana Thanks so much

Before we sailed Conquest to La Romana, I did a lot of research online. (Heck, I do A LOT of research before every cruise.) I found a private excursion at proexcursionsbayahibe dot com > excursions > Saona Island Cruises for Passengers.

This was definitely one of the best excursions we've ever taken in all of our years of cruising. We went snorkeling, we learned a lot about the area, we had lunch on the beach and a little bit of beach time. It is also ranked #1 on TripAdvisor.

I know you are looking for a cruise line based excursion but research this a little before deciding. In 22 cruises, we've booked only a handful of cruise line excursions; all the rest, about 50, have been private. Of those, not once had we ever feared being late or missing the ship and only once did we make a bad choice. (I had researched two different tour companies on St. Lucia and, sadly, picked the wrong one after talking with other people on the ship that night. :o) That's a pretty darn good track record.

I forgot to add that we are all in our mid 50's.

Edited by stargate fan

We are a group of four women of a certain maturity. In Curacao we are going on the Irie bus tour. I've read some very good reviews on the company and tour so feel comfortable going on an independent excursion. We still haven't decided on Aruba, Grand Turk will be a beach day at the port and walk down to jacks shack to check out the famous dogs. Not sure what to do DR but have read many reviews that there isn't much in the port. This is one port where I would spend the extra money on a ship excursion rather than going independent.

60+ solo female cruiser and I did the Irie bus tour in February and it was awesome. Grand Turk hung out at beach and walked to Jacks Shack to see the dog.

kittysnme - we are on the October 29 sailing also!

In La Romana we have looked into doing the Dreams all inclusive, but their day pass is $75 and begins at 10:30 am. We dock at 9. Plus taxi fare to the resort can be pretty expensive (upwards of $90 - of course you split that between however many people). Decided it wasn't worth the time/effort to do, for us anyway. We are still up in the air as to La Romana. It may end up being a shop and ship day.

In Aruba, we are doing an island tour through Wix Tours. Great ratings on Trip Advisor. They are taking us around the island to some of the sights, and then we can choose to be dropped off at a beach and make our way back to the port on our own (taxi) or simply be taken back to the port.

Jack's Shack is definitely worth the walk in Grand Turk. Was there a couple years ago, and will definitely be going back!

That sound good !!!:)

We have been to Aruba twice. The first time, we booked the Kukoo Kunuku tour through Carnival (one of the less expensive tours offered). The bus picked you up right at the dock. This tour was so much fun, the tour bus stopped at a small chapel and lighthouse (we stayed on the bus, nothing much to see). Aruba is flat and dry with a lot of cactus. After our tour of the island, the bus dropped us off at Moomba Beach, loungers were included in the tour price and a free drink at the beach bar..there was a restroom and showers available. There was a lot of sea grass in the deeper water at this beach. We spent maybe an hour on the beach and went to the lovely bar for our free drink. This was a great tour and lots of fun on the bus shaking our maracas.

The second time we visited Aruba we walked to the taxi stand and took a shared taxi to Eagle Beach in front of the Amsterdam Hotel. I know you said you were not beachgoers but boy was this beach beautiful. We rented loungers on the beach which were under a huge palapa. They had fresh water outdoor showers, restrooms, and a bar/restaurant on the beach. The water was beautiful and clean. My daughter and grandson rented jet skis. Eagle Beach is a 10-15 minute ride from the cruise ship dock. It was $8/person one way for the shared taxi.

There is a very nice shopping area in Aruba in close proximity to the pier and an easy walk but we never made it there.

On our first visit to Curacao, we walked out to the taxi stand and shared a taxi to Seaquarium Beach (Mambo Beach) where the Blvd. Shops are. The shared taxi cost $5/person one way. It is beautiful here. They charged $3/person to access the beach and $3.50/person for a lounge chair. There is a tiki bar on the beach and lots of restaurants and shops. This was a very inexpensive way to spend a few lovely hours. Upon our return to the ship, we changed and walked to the RIF Fort (where there are a few restaurants, ice cream shop, sushi, Italian, The Cheesery and bars) and walked through the Fort to the seawall and Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge. There are restaurants and stores lining the inlet but the stores close at 6:00 p.m. so bear that in mind if you are looking for souvenirs. There is a souvenir store in the RIF Fort that stays open until 7:00 p.m.

In May we were in Curacao and took a shared taxi to Blue Bay Beach. My daughter wanted to snorkel and she wasn't disappointed. It was clean and beautiful here. In the evening, we strolled over to the Fort and ate at The Cheesery for dinner.

My wife and I are in our 60's and in La Romana, DR, we did the Carnival Cenote Swim and Zipline at the Scape Park. In Aruba, we did the Carnival UTV Adventure. We had a great time with both excursions. We dove in Bonaire and in Grand Turk.

My friend and I are going to Grand Turk, Aruba, Curacao and LaRomana on the Conquest next year. Can you snorkel /find good reefs from the beaches, or is it best to pay for a tour. I snorkel but my friend is not a swimmer, so the tour might not be interesting for her.

Before we sailed Conquest to La Romana, I did a lot of research online. (Heck, I do A LOT of research before every cruise.) I found a private excursion at proexcursionsbayahibe dot com > excursions > Saona Island Cruises for Passengers.

This was definitely one of the best excursions we've ever taken in all of our years of cruising. We went snorkeling, we learned a lot about the area, we had lunch on the beach and a little bit of beach time. It is also ranked #1 on TripAdvisor.

I know you are looking for a cruise line based excursion but research this a little before deciding. In 22 cruises, we've booked only a handful of cruise line excursions; all the rest, about 50, have been private. Of those, not once had we ever feared being late or missing the ship and only once did we make a bad choice. (I had researched two different tour companies on St. Lucia and, sadly, picked the wrong one after talking with other people on the ship that night. :o) That's a pretty darn good track record.

I forgot to add that we are all in our mid 50's.

Hello, we wanted to try booking this excursion also, but saw that it is from 930 to 5pm, the ship sails at 4. We are also on the Conquest for our next cruise. Did you ask them to make sure that they had you back to get your taxi by a certain time? Thanks!