MSC Divina Excursions w/ 1yo?

kealalani

We will be going on the MSC Divina in January 2017. I wanted to book some excursions online and prepay for them. It will be myself, husband, 9 yo son, and 18 month old daughter. I did not find any age restrictions for he excursions we want to go on. I have specific questions below, but any info would be of great help! Thank you in advance. :)

Will they charge me a full child's price for an excursion for the 18 month old?

Do the excursions cost more (or less) if I wait and book on the ship rather than prepay?

I did a short cruise last summer (on Carnival) and my youngest was 2. We only went to Nassau on that cruise. We just spent the day at the British Colonial Hilton in their pool/ beach/ tiki bar and then walked over to Arawak Cay to eat conch and headed back to the ship. My son did great. We did take his stroller (I think Divina has them for rental if you don't want to travel with one) and the walk was easy... you just need to really ignore the persistent vendors.

This summer we will go on another short cruise and will go to Cozumel. I'm still working out the excursion plan there. The stroller is a thing of the past, so this should be interesting.

-Jackie

We will be going on the MSC Divina in January 2017. I wanted to book some excursions online and prepay for them. It will be myself, husband, 9 yo son, and 18 month old daughter. I did not find any age restrictions for he excursions we want to go on. I have specific questions below, but any info would be of great help! Thank you in advance. :)

Will they charge me a full child's price for an excursion for the 18 month old?

Do the excursions cost more (or less) if I wait and book on the ship rather than prepay?

Yes, they will charge you full child price. Price will be the same on board or a shore. What you want to do exactly ? maybe just a taxi ride or shore operator will be better. (they don't charge for kids sometimes)

My husband is very leery of foreign ports. When we went to Nassau, our son was 6 and it took me 6 moths to wear him down on the idea of going shopping!

Now we have a baby and he would rather stay on the boat. I have convinced him that if we book on the MSC excursions, they are safer, etc. We will be at several different islands and so there will be lot so different things to do. I don't want to spend every port day in the port! I'd like to see the sights... and shop. :) It is just a matter of convincing him of this.

I know for airlines that under 2 children are discounted or even free if they are in your lap, so I was curious about MSC. I'll call them to find out though.