TUI Discovery 2?

TUI Discovery 2 summer 2017 sailings?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. TUI Discovery 2 summer 2017 sailings?

• More Palma itineraries
    • Malaga itineraries
    • More Corfu itineraries
    • Malta for Western and Eastern Med sailings
    • Mixture of many homeports
    • Return of Marmaris
    • Other...

I've gone for Malta so at least we would get something new, and the ability to do both Western and Eastern itineraries b2b in a week - although P&O are doing the same from next year.

But I also wouldn't mind a mixture of Palma and Corfu homeports, then do 10/11 nights between the two. I think something different from 7 nights would be good for a change.

Winter - Caribbean but not the Eastern Islands or Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire plus Roatan, partial Panama transit, Gr Cayman, Cuba etc) - could still have two ships doing those.

A third ship doing Jamaica, Mexico, then some American ports - New Orleans, Florida eg Key West, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, Charleston, Bermuda with overnights in say NO, Bermuda.

Start the season early with a TA to NY (with overnights), New England ports (in the Fall) up to Quebec with a couple of days there then second itinerary back to NY followed by a relocation into the Caribbean for the winter?

I've gone for Malta so at least we would get something new, and the ability to do both Western and Eastern itineraries b2b in a week - although P&O are doing the same from next year.

But I also wouldn't mind a mixture of Palma and Corfu homeports, then do 10/11 nights between the two. I think something different from 7 nights would be good for a change.

Nice to see you back Sailaway and coming up with new Idea,s, just one thing that 3rd ship in the Caribbean in 2017 -18 the Celebration booked into St martin on monday,s and leaving the area 11th march any idea,s of her homeport and her sailing,s thank,s :confused:

Next year sometime for discovery 2 xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Queenmandy her cruise,s will be announced sometime in July for next year, home port iam going to stick my neck out and say Malta as there are already two ship,s working from PALMA she has had the big make over with new carpet,s and fitting,s and balcony,s added to deck six with the addition of brand new cabin,s added where idont know, i hope this help,s

Nice to see you back Sailaway and coming up with new Idea,s, just one thing that 3rd ship in the Caribbean in 2017 -18 the Celebration booked into St martin on monday,s and leaving the area 11th march any idea,s of her homeport and her sailing,s thank,s :confused:

Hello!

No idea where Celebration will be, I'd guess either Dom Rep. or Barbados also. Could perhaps do the old 14 night itineraries that Thomson used to do round the Caribbean - TUI Cruises do them well.

I have noticed that Dream has now been booked into weekly for the Canaries on Madeira's schedules, but as you found it is also in Caymen. Sometimes Funchal seem to like to just put Dream is as standard for the Thomson ship when it isn't, but maybe they'll send both Discovery ships to the Caribbean, with Dream doing Canaries, and Celebration doing the 14 night Caribbean cruises. Would suggest no Dubai itineraries though at all.

Hello!

No idea where Celebration will be, I'dthoboth Discovery ships to the Caribbean, with Dream doing Canaries, and Celebration doing the 14 night Caribbean cruises. Would suggest no Dubai itineraries though at all.

Hi Sailaway it sound that you might, be right on anything sailing from Dubai 17-18 as for the old Thomson Destiny is there any one on this Fourum that has sailed from the DOM REP and cruised the CARIBBEAN and what were your port,s of call .I remember seeing her in ST kitts in 2010 any body

Hi Queenmandy her cruise,s will be announced sometime in July for next year, home port iam going to stick my neck out and say Malta as there are already two ship,s working from PALMA she has had the big make over with new carpet,s and fitting,s and balcony,s added to deck six with the addition of brand new cabin,s added where idont know, i hope this help,s

I reckon it could be Malaga with similar itineraries to the Spirit for this year???

I reckon it could be Malaga with similar itineraries to the Spirit for this year???

I think you might be right, and perhaps a bit of a swap around with the current fleet plans, perhaps Majesty from Malaga and then both Discovery ships from Palma. Or D1 from Palma, D2 from Corfu and Dream from Malaga.

Hi Sailaway it sound that you might, be right on anything sailing from Dubai 17-18 as for the old Thomson Destiny is there any one on this Fourum that has sailed from the DOM REP and cruised the CARIBBEAN and what were your port,s of call .I remember seeing her in ST kitts in 2010 any body

Yes so,ton saint, we were on Destiny 2009 and sailed from La Romana (Dom Reb). Ports were : Guadeloupe, Antigua, St Lucia, St Kitts, Dominica, Barbados, Tortola, St Maarten, Grenada. That's when we fell in love with the fabulous Caribbean Islands.

Yes so,ton saint, we were on Destiny 2009 and sailed from La Romana (Dom Reb). Ports were : Guadeloupe, Antigua, St Lucia, St Kitts, Dominica, Barbados, Tortola, St Maarten, Grenada. That's when we fell in love with the fabulous Caribbean Islands.

That's amazing Kruzseeka we went on the 15th March 2009 and was just going to post and I concur with your itinerary:)

Hi Kruzseeka if i remember did she return to La romana to do the B to B and also St Kitt,s did they put her in a berth about a mile from the main terminal, also do you remember if you docked in St Martin on the monday thank,s

Hi Kruzseeka if i remember did she return to La romana to do the B to B and also St Kitt,s did they put her in a berth about a mile from the main terminal, also do you remember if you docked in St Martin on the monday thank,s

Hope you don't mind me butting in Howard the change over was at LaRoma, Philipsburg was on a Friday, think St Kitts was as is. But Roseau was Portsmouth.

Hope you don't mind me butting in Howard the change over was at LaRoma, Philipsburg was on a Friday, think St Kitts was as is. But Roseau was Portsmouth.

Yes home port was La Romana and change over day was Sunday. We started on Feb 1st so missed you by a few weeks PC. We docked at Roseau in Dominica but have once stopped at Portsmouth but not on this particular trip. I have a feeling it was just the odd itinerary each season when Portsmouth replaced Roseau. We liked Portsmouth.

As far as I remember so,ton saint we berthed in town at St Kitts - it's only been more recently in our experience that we've docked at the commercial berth just outside of town. They lay on shuttles to the town centre though.

As PC said. Philipsburg was Friday. We've never berthed anywhere other than the main cruise port there. They seem able to take quite a few (very large!) ships there! Last time we were there it was only Celebration and Oriana. Lovely and quiet! ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi Rodger no problem no footy to-night, so out come,s the lap top , as regurds Celebration docking monday,s in St Martin we are back to square one will have to wait till mid November when we will see the winter program for the Caribbean 2017-18 was looking at cabin,s on discovery two i think the new one,s are deck 8 royal suite owner,s suite and grand suite ,tell you wot you book the royal suite then tell me the price :eek: HOWARD

Hi Howard was that football last night😥. Not the royal, just a junior, price when booked was still in our budget, same as Caribbean this year but it has now gone up ,£840😠 Still don't know which cruise to do early next year Mrs PC not good on long flights, even up front. Never had only one cruise booked before😐.

Roger (without the d)😀

We also sailed from Dom.Rep. but we didn't go to Guardaloupe (one to look out for). However we did go to Catalina Island (loved that).

I think I'll vote for Malta, although a mix of ports would be good to.

What is wrong with Thailand? Haven't we dropped enough hints ;) only for them to go to Dubai which I don't think has been overly popular. Though in fairness this is probably due to world problems rather than the location.

Edited by happy v