What Else is New?

Racegirl6

We haven't cruised in 3 years. We are sailing on the Ecstasy in September. So far I have seen changes in dining times, VIFP is no longer giving a free drink instead you get water, dinner menus changed, staggered check in, no plastic bottles allowed in carry on bags. What else is going on that I should know???

We haven't cruised in 3 years. We are sailing on the Ecstasy in September. So far I have seen changes in dining times, VIFP is no longer giving a free drink instead you get water, dinner menus changed, staggered check in, no plastic bottles allowed in carry on bags. What else is going on that I should know???

Here are a few:

1. Room service has free items and some items to purchase.
  2. Carnival Hub app on not on all ships yet but should be by the end of the year.
  3. Your time dinning basically open seating.
  4. Internet plans changed to a three tiered system starting with the social plan for $5/day
  5. Five levels of VFIP Blue Level, Red Level, Gold Level, Platinum Level, Diamond Level you get the free drink and the welcome back party at the Platinum level along with other things!

Lunch: Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana (like Chipotle).... huge improvements in lunch options and Blue Iguana also does breakfast. We love them both. Not all ships have them, so check yours.

Bar: Alchemy bar... ditto - check your ship, it is part of the 2.0 upgrade. We haven't done it yet, but everyone raves about their concoctions.

Lunch: Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana (like Chipotle).... huge improvements in lunch options and Blue Iguana also does breakfast. We love them both. Not all ships have them, so check yours.

Bar: Alchemy bar... ditto - check your ship, it is part of the 2.0 upgrade. We haven't done it yet, but everyone raves about their concoctions.

Ecstasy does not have any of these things:confused:

Last time we were on the Victory and she didn't have any of the upgrades either, but we still had a great time. We sailed on the Inspiration the first time and it looks like the Ecstasy will be about the same. My daughter is excited about water works which looks better than what the Victory offered. Does anyone have info about Circle C? Did your teen like it or not?