So how can RCCL top the Oasis Class

I hear ya completely. To me the ship is the destination, but to others its different.

And I totally get that.

It's 50/50 for me. I actually love Oasis Class, but I'm bored with the ports they go to. My past two cruises have been for the ship, but I plan on doing several cruises for ports in the future. Hoping I am able to still have both of those options with RCI in the far future.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Like many other cruisers, I love to see the Ocean. Balcony rooms are now the standard and I don't think I'd ever be happy in an interior stateroom now. But I have to admit that the Oasis class ships are absolutely brilliant, even if you have neighborhoods that have no view of the sea.

We just experienced the Allure last month and we were absolutely WOWed by it. The Royal Promenade is one of our favorite indoor venues and what they've done with Central Park is remarkable. I actually preferred Central Park to the Boardwalk even tho the latter has a sea view!

I also like the way Royal Caribbean is improving without adding a new class of ships. I love the way they've taken the new things from the newer Quantum class ships (Bionic Bar); and the best things from Celebrity's S class ships (their stateroom layout and finishing) and added them to the Harmony OTS. The Harmony even has waterslides which the Oasis/Allure don't have, so there's definitely improvements coming our way.

I wish they had a Quantum class ship in Europe for us to try, rather than sending it and the Ovation to China. I'm sure we'd have a lot more reviews (good and bad) about their newest ships.

I doubt that the ships will get any smaller, maybe a little bigger, YES as some one mentioned above all the cruise ports in the Caribbean and much of the world will not handle ships much larger, and the ports are boring. having been to them many times. Well for most of America and the rest of the world, according to Carnival rep, only about 10% of the population has cruised. So IMHO, ships that offer more and more ship board adventures will be in demand as a floating vacation with great island stops. However a growing concern might be Tours/beaches etc that can support the numbers of cruisers. Right now they are getting crowded and certain tours/island landmarks cannot handle too many more people.

I agree that the Oasis class is fantastic, but their size limits the ports they can get to. For that reason,we went on the Serenade last year, and are booked on Celebrity for next year. When adding in the drink pkg and OBC, the price is very comparable to Royal's with more ports.

I think they need a roller coaster! Can you imagine making a U-Turn at the back of the ship? They'll be the first in the industry!

Oh please no.

There's a fine line that would be crossed with the addition of a roller coaster: amusement park. They've gotten close to that line with the ultimate abyss, but I don't think they've crossed it and I hope they don't.

Personally, I'd love Voyager-class built in a more modern style.

Like take all the wonderful things they've done to Navigator and make it more an actual part of the ship in a new build.

Out of all the ships we've been on that class is still my hands-down favorite.

Personally, I'd love Voyager-class built in a more modern style.

Like take all the wonderful things they've done to Navigator and make it more an actual part of the ship in a new build.

Out of all the ships we've been on that class is still my hands-down favorite.

Agreed. I haven't been on Voyager Class in several years, but from what I remember and from pictures of the new updates, they're great ships. A new class along the same lines, but with more modern features would be wonderful.

Like to see a Margaritaville restaurant & bar on all ships... Fins up...

I seem to think NCL has a partnership with Margaritaville so that would be a no-go on Royal ships.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

This may be too futuristic, but wouldn't it be cool if they could provide ships with underwater experiences, weather it be cabins that have windows and are underneath the water line, or public spaces, similar to a large aquarium like you see at different theme parks where you can walk by the windows and see sharks or other fish swimming outside. THAT would be pretty cool and innovative, and I don't think it's as far off technologically as one might think (although, like everything else, it would have to bring in money somehow).

I would also like to see something similar to an earlier comment, where somehow deck 5, the Royal Promenade, is more open to the sea. So instead of having cabins around the sides of that deck, it is completely open, similar to the boardwalk feel, and you can go to the shops, but also easily see the ocean, similar to a mashup of the Royal Promenade with the Waterfront, or whatever it is called. I agree that openness and more ocean views would be great!