Booking odd rooms..

Is there a secret to booking odd rooms? Like the aft corner ocean view rooms, or the L-shaped balconys next to the corner afts? I've done several mock-bookings but never see any of those available. I typically book my own vacations, are these available only thru a travel agent or do they just sell out that fast?

Just curious and new to cruising (2nd Carnival cruise in November!) Thanks in advance!

Lol book early.It is not that hard to find an aft balcony 3 to 6 months out but if you are really looking for the special rooms you need to look sometimes over a year in advance. I have an aft wrap booked for November of 17 booked a few months ago.Think I got a great price and also the cabin I wanted. Hope that helps.

Lots of research. We have been on 10 cruises and are always looking for odd rooms. We have been in a 1a that says it has a twin and a bunk, (but really had a twin\king). We have been in a 6a balcony that actually had a long balcony which held a lounge chair. We have pulled off an upgrade from a regular oceanview to a family ocean view with 2 bathrooms, and best of all we have managed to snag a grand scenic oceanview that don't usually even show up on the website most of the time.

We always book well in advance, usually a year or more. We also make good use of websites that show actual pictures of individual rooms. The carnival website usually has generic pictures, but not individual room pictures. You might try ******************** or cruisedeckplans.com. Cruise deck plan is a site that you have to pay a small subscription fee, but we have been members for years and has been well worth it.

We try really had to book the best room we can for the best price we can afford. Good luck and happy cruising.

We have booked the L-shaped cabin next to the aft wrap for both legs of our B2B on the Magic next year (October 2017). Just checked yesterday for price changes and noticed that the other three are still open for booking. BTW, the price has gone up $60 per cabin on both legs since we booked.

Booking early definitely helps as you get the best selection of rooms if you do. Also, you can try calling up Carnival to book. When you book online it will only show you 10 rooms at a time for any given category. If you call, the Carnival associate can see all available rooms.

For my B2B leaving in a week from today (:D) I have the same L shaped balcony room booked for both legs. The funny thing is that they weren't selling out very fast for either cruise. In fact, I originally only booked the 7/2 sailing, but the same room (6450 on the Conquest) kept showing as available for months and months. Eventually I decided it was just faith and I should just go ahead and book the 7/7 sailing too. :p

Is there a secret to booking odd rooms? Like the aft corner ocean view rooms, or the L-shaped balconys next to the corner afts? I've done several mock-bookings but never see any of those available. I typically book my own vacations, are these available only thru a travel agent or do they just sell out that fast?

Just curious and new to cruising (2nd Carnival cruise in November!) Thanks in advance!

Your best bet would be to book a cruise well in advance if you want to score one of those cabins.

Thanks for the advice, I'm very strict on our budget so we usually plan vacations 9 months to a year in advance.

I just booked an odd room on the Breeze.. I guess being a 7 day it didn't sell out as fast as the 5 day I booked in November (which I booked in February of this year and had very little to choose from). We decided on an interior with picture window-not that "odd" but I wanted to give it a try this time around (and it better fit in our budget than the OV room I liked). Next time I'm going to try for one of the corner OV rooms :)

Thanks again, everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...

I lucked into an aft corner OV on Splendor for October. I had actually booked a spa balcony very early, then had 2nd thoughts about spending that much money on a cabin since we don't spend too much time in the cabin.

So I called Carnival sales and the PVP talked me through the change and told me about this corner OV and I got it! I am really excited....

I snagged a grand scenic ocean view on the Conquest for March of 2018 and booked in April of 2016. I was actually just playing around doing mock bookings and the cabin was not there and I went out and back in and it was there. I am assuming maybe someone had just cancelled and I happened to be there at the right time. I am very excited to try this cabin category and got it for $10 over the scenic ocean view price.

I tend to book the L-shaped cabins and sometimes only a few months out. They will only show up if you are planning for 2 people only to cruise. Exception to that is the Sunshine which has some for 3 people. I will tell you that 3 in an L-shaped is very very cramped.

I lucked into an aft corner OV on Splendor for October. I had actually booked a spa balcony very early, then had 2nd thoughts about spending that much money on a cabin since we don't spend too much time in the cabin.

So I called Carnival sales and the PVP talked me through the change and told me about this corner OV and I got it! I am really excited....

I have had those cabins on the Glory and Conquest. My friends had one on the Splendor. Be prepared for a LOT of noise and vibration. If those things don't bother you - you will love it (like me). However, if you're sensitive to those things it can be a living hell.

We had the Grand Scienic Ocean View on our last cruise and we have it booked for two of our next three cruises.

My thoughts: it helps to have one of the old printed brochures that shows all the rooms, you need to be ready to book as soon as you find one of the rooms, be ready to book a year out and a good PVP does not hurt.