My Splendor Review - 6/12 - 6/18/16

LizaMM

have to thank you one more time for this review!

You hit on most if not all of the points that are of importance to me. I similarly am not really affected by ship's décor. I actually like pink, and color in general. I am not really affected by CD either, though there are some who are more memorable in good ways. Also, as I have been so many ports of call before, both on cruises and land vacations, I have come to appreciate port days spent on board ship. We have lots in common, so your review is quite relevant to me:) enjoyed your review.

have to thank you one more time for this review!

You hit on most if not all of the points that are of importance to me. I similarly am not really affected by ship's décor. I actually like pink, and color in general. I am not really affected by CD either, though there are some who are more memorable in good ways. Also, as I have been so many ports of call before, both on cruises and land vacations, I have come to appreciate port days spent on board ship. We have lots in common, so your review is quite relevant to me:) enjoyed your review.

Glad it was relevant to you!....Sounds like our paths might cross aboard a Carnival ship one day :D

• 2 weeks later...

American table is the new menu. It gives you more flexibility to choose your sides for your meal, and has some new items like a different flat bread appetizer each night.

The American feast is held on elegant night and is similar to the old menus. Lobster tails are still available on the American feast menu.

I've never been one to hang out by the main pool areas and avoid them for the most part. I like the open aft area on Splendor, too, but I prefer the Serenity Deck (although I've found that they aren't very serene).

I rarely get in pools on ships (exceptions were the Thalasso pool on Splendor and the pool in the spa on Glory once) and have only been in the hot tubs a couple of times, so not having them on Serenity isn't an issue for me. I don't care for those hot tubs around the main pool. I don't really like the idea of them being there where people are eating. I tell the story of my one HAL cruise (RT San Diego-Hawaii) where we were sitting having a burger one day when an old guy starts to get out of one of the hot tubs between the tables and the pool and pretty much lost his swim trunks. Rather ruined my appetite! :eek:

I love the Spirit class ships and much prefer their layout. Looking forward to sailing Pride for 13 nights!

I'm hoping I have a better experience with the American Table on Splendor than I had on Vista.

Fried eggs. Yes, my friend and I debated for 8 nights whether they looked like fried eggs or some weird butterfly. Certainly not pearls in oysters! :p

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and impressions.