Here's why you need trip insurance...

crooooze

faa133cb19662d4bb233793e87435ee4.jpg

Check out the photo. It's our bed on the Sunshine. See that protruding thing directly over the left pillow? I must have already whacked my skull on that metal thing about 5 times either laying down or getting up. Hurts like a ------!! Once, it actually felt like it pierced my skull. Surely there must be blood washed off the wall after every sailing....

It's part of the bracket for that extra bed that comes down from the ceiling, which we're not even using. The Cabin steward isn't able to move the bed much, one of us has to be under it. What brilliant rocket scientist designed this cabin layout?!!!!!!

Before this trip is over, I'm gonna need heliport transport off the ship. Good thing I got insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

faa133cb19662d4bb233793e87435ee4.jpg

Check out the photo. It's our bed on the Sunshine. See that protruding thing directly over the left pillow? I must have already whacked my skull on that metal thing about 5 times either laying down or getting up. Hurts like a ------!! Once, it actually felt like it pierced my skull. Surely there must be blood washed off the wall after every sailing....

It's part of the bracket for that extra bed that comes down from the ceiling, which we're not even using. The Cabin steward isn't able to move the bed much, one of us has to be under it. What brilliant rocket scientist designed this cabin layout?!!!!!!

Before this trip is over, I'm gonna need heliport transport off the ship. Good thing I got insurance.

I had a handicap cabin recently on Legend...not my cabin choice but Carnival's. There was an emergency help button right above the pillows in the middle of the bed. I accidentally pushed that thing 3 times in my sleep because it is so inappropriately placed. Each time I accidentally pushed it Carnival rang my cabin phone and woke me up asking if I needed help.

All I can say is whoever designs this stuff has never had to actually occupy a Carnival cabin. Poor engineering. It must be a guy or otherwise I'd have a place to prop my foot in the shower to shave my legs.

I had a handicap cabin recently on Legend...not my cabin choice but Carnival's. There was an emergency help button right above the pillows in the middle of the bed. I accidentally pushed that thing 3 times in my sleep because it is so inappropriately placed. Each time I accidentally pushed it Carnival rang my cabin phone and woke me up asking if I needed help.

All I can say is whoever designs this stuff has never had to actually occupy a Carnival cabin. Poor engineering. It must be a guy or otherwise I'd have a place to prop my foot in the shower to shave my legs.

OMG! My then hubby hit the button 2 or 3 times too. I woke up slightly but 2 officers had opened the door (I thought someone was breaking in). I heard them whisper about nothing being wrong. I quickly switched places so hubby's arm wouldn't hit it again. They were so calm about it that I thought it must happen more than we realize.

Duct tape a pillow or some foam to it. Not pretty, but might save some blood and headaches.

I was just about to suggest that too! Everybody laughs at the folks who pack duct tape, but you never know when you'll need it!

I have to say I'd have taken that emergency roll of duct tape and taped a pillow to that thing to at least soften the blow...that is indeed a skull fracture waiting to happen. Sometimes don't you wonder what the hell people were thinking when they designed things?? geesh

oh no! what cabin number is that Im on the Sunshine next month and will immediately ask for a room change if that's my cabin. I almost always have to sleep upright I have GERD. wow thanks for sharing

Check and see if you are in a cabin just for 2 or a cabin that holds more. That cabin clearly can hold more than 2 or that gadget wouldn't be there. You should have no problem anyway, just use another bed.

Question. How would trip insurance help with your complaint. Does not Carnival have a vacation guarantee? Did you file a complaint with Carnival? Did you have trip insurance? Did you make a claim, Did you receive a refund? Although hideous, I think that thing on the wall isn't something you can claim with insurance.

Question. How would trip insurance help with your complaint. Does not Carnival have a vacation guarantee? Did you file a complaint with Carnival? Did you have trip insurance? Did you make a claim, Did you receive a refund? Although hideous, I think that thing on the wall isn't something you can claim with insurance.

Pretty sure the insurance claim was a joke. It was added more for the humor than to actually say they were gonna use it to get air lifted off the boat due to injury. I thought it was a very funny way to complain about a real issue.

I whacked my head on this pull down bed once..if it happened again I was going to sleep with my feet by the wall...it didn't. But this next cruise I made sure my room doesn't have those pull down beds.

97453bf92cfff4dc998360eb28c32498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I whacked my head on this pull down bed once..if it happened again I was going to sleep with my feet by the wall...it didn't. But this next cruise I made sure my room doesn't have those pull down beds.

Our first cruise had that above our bed, and then another one on the other side of the room. And they were both in use, so you had to be careful getting up and then you had to do a contortionist routine to get in and out, get something from the front of the bed, etc.

They HURT!!!

Now why would they place an emergency help button in an accessible cabin right above the pillows in an easy to reach area? :rolleyes:

Sorry but it's not inappropriately placed - it's placed so someone who needs it, can reach it.

For the OP, that box on the wall does seem out of place. Any idea what it is?

I have to say I'd have taken that emergency roll of duct tape and taped a pillow to that thing to at least soften the blow...that is indeed a skull fracture waiting to happen. Sometimes don't you wonder what the hell people were thinking when they designed things?? geesh

About 4 years ago, I had 2 subdural hematomas due to a fall on my head. I had 2 surgeries where 5 holes in my head were drilled and the blood clots drained. I was told over and over again to never hit my head again! I'd be helicoptered off the ship and have free cruises for life!:eek: I'd demand another cabin - that's how careful I have to be.