no more Sunshine 4 day Canada Cruise (now 4 day to Bermuda)

shof515

One day at the beach is probably better than one day in cold Canada. Plus the traveling weather for sea days will also be better.

The crossing to Bermuda can be very rough - ours was. We were glad we don't get sea sick :)

Of all the ports we've been to - Bermuda is our least favorite. We're not beach goers nor do I care much about shopping. Other than the museum out on Royal Naval Dockyard there wasn't much to do.

Holy smokes, I just checked the price. If I book our usual Lido balcony cabin, this four day cruise costs more than our seven day Caribbean cruise on Splendor. Yikes!

Two most expensive ports to operate a ship to/from. Look at your taxes as well. When we had CTN out of NY it was $100 in taxes now add Bermuda with their tax amount depends on the number of passenger cabins on a ship and the number of nights that the ship is docked or anchored in Bermuda.

As to nothing to do but beaches in Bermuda you missed most of the island, its culture and history. Personally I wouldn't even shop in Bermuda, that's for the Caribbean.

Only museum is at Dockyard? What about St. George's that's a UNESCO World Heritage Site? 1612 I would call pretty historic.

Two most expensive ports to operate a ship to/from. Look at your taxes as well. When we had CTN out of NY it was $100 in taxes now add Bermuda with their tax amount depends on the number of passenger cabins on a ship and the number of nights that the ship is docked or anchored in Bermuda.

As to nothing to do but beaches in Bermuda you missed most of the island, its culture and history. Personally I wouldn't even shop in Bermuda, that's for the Caribbean.

Only museum is at Dockyard? What about St. George's that's a UNESCO World Heritage Site? 1612 I would call pretty historic.

I'm thinking the people that booked for Canada with Canada pricing scored big time. Since it's not addressed in the email, I'm wondering how the St.John's Vs Bermuda port charges will be handled for those already booked.

As to nothing to do but beaches in Bermuda you missed most of the island, its culture and history.......

You presume ... the truth is that we did go on an all day tour that included St George's and Hamilton as it went all over the islands.

We saw a re-enactment of a shrew being dunked in St George's and were sad to see the museum we wanted to see there was closed.

The tour guide sent us off to shop in Hamilton :rolleyes:

We saw a lot of old buildings but we live near Charleston SC :) We took a lot of pictures.

The museum and its house at the Dockyard was excellent and we did experience history and culture there. We're they type that actually read the signs at museum displays :D

I didn't say I dislike Bermuda - just that it's our least favorite :) Just MHO

• 2 weeks later...