The best thing slipping $10 has gotten you onboard?

LMaxwell

After thinking about this agree with you. How do you expect room steward to wander about deck 1 looking for one piece of luggage and finding it amongst thousands.

Before the luggage even leaves the terminal it has already been sorted as to deck #, whether it is forward or aft on that deck and then placed on a luggage carrier. Once that luggage rack hits the ship it is immediately brought up to the proper deck on the forward elevators. My guess is that the steward just had to go to the forward elevators on that deck and look through the appropriate luggage carriers (forward or aft). I have seen my luggage on the carriers in the lobby of the forward elevators many times.

I change my description from rubbish to hogwash. Most people can't even find their own luggage in a carousel.

Again, it worked for me....I got my luggage by about 12:30 and I felt the $10 was more than worth it. Now, if you want to save $10 and get your luggage later, all the more power to you :)

Edited by First and Ten

I didn't have to wait for a drink, he saw me coming to the bar that was 5 deep and handed me my beer over the waiting crowd.

When I get the beverage package I add a $1.00 in addition to the auto 15% - trust me they will know who you are..

Yeah....did that on my last CCL cruise. Bartenders will remember remember what you're drinking and have to ready for you, regardless of how busy, when they catch glimpse of you walking up.

I usually do a quick stroll around to the different bars upon embarkation. On an Allure of the Seas cruise, the GF liked a bartender and kept adding $1 to the auto gratuities. Bartender kept "making mistake" drinks in the souvenir glasses that he would just push over to her at no charge whenever we visited him at whatever bar he was working at.

Again, it worked for me....I got my luggage by about 12:30 and I felt the $10 was more than worth it. Now, if you want to save $10 and get your luggage later, all the more power to you :)

I've never not had my luggage in my room before I needed it, and was $10'richer.