Allergen meals in the Specialties Restaurants

lachelli

Hi All

I was jiust wondering if anyone can advise on how NCL handle allergen meals in the specialty restaurants. I have sailed NCL before but only ate in the MDR or buffet and I ordered my meals the night before.

This time I am planning on eating at Cagney's and Le Bistro, Do you also advise them in advance of your reservation or do they just handle your request as you order

Thanks

Lachelli

Thanks for your replies, I should have said that its gluten I need to avoid as I have coeliac disease.

Is it just the host stand at each of the restaurants that you place the order at the day before or do they have to call someone for you who is in charge of allergen orders like they do in the MDRs

Thanks again

I am GF/DF. I have always had a special waiter that will met with me while I am eating diner the night before to help me preorder. I just let them know what restaurant I will be eating in and they bring me the menu. I've sailed three times since being diagnosed and have had wonderful experiences.

They would not meet with us in advance at Le Bistro and Moderno for dd10 (celiac), but did let us know what was safe, or made things safe. In the MDR, we could pretty much order anything. There was still plenty to eat, and the rolls at Moderno are naturally gluten free, and delicious.

Just did this yesterday. Had to have our travel agent contact them first. Then they sent me an email of forms to fill out and send to them. First day on ship will meet with them per their letter, told us where to go. Then I pretty much think they will meet with us at meal night before for next day. I know that is how we have done it in the past on another cruise line .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app