Carnival gift card question

mom22boys

I thought I read on here that you couldn't before the cruise but you can on the cruise...but I see this on the carnival website:

To purchase Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles, please call 1-800-845-2599 if you would like to use a Carnival Gift Card to purchase Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles

http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/

I thought I read on here that you couldn't before the cruise but you can on the cruise...but I see this on the carnival website:

http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/

But this is what I see ...

Currently, we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders. If you wish to purchase CHEERS! with a Carnival Gift Card, you may do so onboard.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

Let us know if calling that number works!!

Edited by Schoifmom

I had to call them. There is no where to input GC info on the online order form. Credit cards only. Nor is there a way to "split" the payment online if you have two separate cabin mates paying their half.

This is on their website.....

"Currently, we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders. If you wish to purchase CHEERS! with a Carnival Gift Card, you may do so onboard."

So with just about everything with Carnival, YMMV :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I just called that number today. The lady I spoke with (I forgot her name so I will be calling again tomorrow and speaking with someone else and a supervisor) said that if we take our gift cards to the main pool bar, they will ring up the Cheers program and will honor the pre-cruise price. But only at that one bar and you have to bring your gift card (Why? To prove your intention??). She didn't send me an email and she didn't give me any confirmation number. I haven't been able to confirm with anyone at any other site that they were aware of this or have been successful with this, but I plan to get to the bottom of this and I WILL make this happen.

Edited by noelbows

Don't assume! We were told something similar about using gift cards for Cheers onboard w lower price when we called Carnival. It did not work for us! Just tried on Splendor in Sept. Tried multiple places and guest services and bar manager. Maybe you will have better success but... Tried to get resolution afterwards and no success to this point. And there were 4 of us so was a bit of $$ difference!