Documents to include in packets

Mmevans2

As a hyper-organized person I like to make packets for vacation's for each individual attending. Currently, I have the carnival boarding documents for each and a print out of information on beverages included in Cheers which we have purchased. Is there anything else that I should include?

I print out an itinerary and put it on the desk so I know where I'm going the next day.

Any receipts for pre purchased things if any snag happens.

Coupons for use in ports.

Any door decoration if it fits in the packet.

On ships with many dining venues a list of the venues and costs.

I put a card in my luggage with my name, address and phone and cabin number in case it gets lost. Take a picture of it so if you lose your camera someone will find it on the camera.

As a hyper-organized person I like to make packets for vacation's for each individual attending. Currently, I have the carnival boarding documents for each and a print out of information on beverages included in Cheers which we have purchased. Is there anything else that I should include?

Dining options on board....deck plans....

I print out an itinerary and put it on the desk so I know where I'm going the next day.

Any receipts for pre purchased things if any snag happens.

Coupons for use in ports.

Any door decoration if it fits in the packet.

On ships with many dining venues a list of the venues and costs.

I put a card in my luggage with my name, address and phone and cabin number in case it gets lost. Take a picture of it so if you lose your camera someone will find it on the camera.

Great ideas, thanks you!

A packing checklist.

Dividing between what's necessary, i.e. passport and money and what's nice to have, i.e. Snorkel gear, hamper

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I only do one packet for our family of 4 and I'm the keeper of the packet! It's actually an orange school folder, so that when paranoia gets the best of me, i just have to glance to catch a glimpse of orange and know it's still in my possession!

I used to do our boarding docs along with our birth certificates, but this year we finally got passports, woohoo!!

We also got trip insurance, so I'll include a printout with those details.

And, for our third-party-booked excursions, I'll do copies of our payment/confirmation emails to remind myself who/where to meet, and the balance we may still owe.

I am just like you. I also have:

*FTTF info printed out.

*Extra tags to put inside luggage along with personal id tags.

*Printed out info on some of the places we hope to visit.

*Extra medical questionnaires.

*Ship map print.

*Emergency contact info.

*Itemized list of each thing packed, along with which bag they are in. Yes I number my bags.

Edited by oohlalailicious
forgot to include my list.

I only do one packet for our family of 4 and I'm the keeper of the packet! It's actually an orange school folder, so that when paranoia gets the best of me, i just have to glance to catch a glimpse of orange and know it's still in my possession!

I used to do our boarding docs along with our birth certificates, but this year we finally got passports, woohoo!!

We also got trip insurance, so I'll include a printout with those details.

And, for our third-party-booked excursions, I'll do copies of our payment/confirmation emails to remind myself who/where to meet, and the balance we may still owe.

Red school folder here ;)! I do it for the same reasons. As long as I can see it, I know we're good. I actually take out the documents we have already used (excursions, etc.) and fold them and put them in the back of the folder so I still know what we have left to do. Great system!!

Edited by sturderick

Even though you have your cell a list of all important numbers including credit card numbers, a copy of the main sheet of the travel insurance policy, a copy of my airlines tickets, a copy of every thing I paid for on the cruise, a copy of the deck plans of the ship, a list of all medication and medical history in case a medical emergency arises, extra luggage tags, if you have hotel reservations a copy of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lordy....that is HYPER! Just take what you and your family need....hopefully, each member of your immediate family isn't saddled with your packets! The others in your "group" should be adult enough to take care of themselves!

I carry a bag on the flight and on ship that holds everything and has a special place for a file folder and passports but nothing is accessible to the outside. Image1467213482.613355.jpg.bde076dab1d14762b7faa3e868115f99.jpg

Here a pic of it. Right below the handles is the file folder pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by firegal2539

I appreciate all of these comments because I like to be prepared and organized too. Sometimes taking 2 seconds to make a plan pays out HUGE when and if there's a problem. I like the tip about printing out an extra copy of the luggage tag and sticking it inside the bag. That's a good one.

I like to make copies of passports and the front and back of credit cards and email them to myself. If something happens to to actual items, I can easily access them from just about anywhere. The pic is of my "packet" that will fit my family's passports and other necessary cruise info. It zips securely, tucks under my arm and fits in the ship's safe. $19 on Amazon.

For excursion receipts, maps, etc., I use brightly colored clear poly envelopes and just toss each day's in the bag as needed. I also include the ship's info as well as an emergency contact. I got the envelopes on Amazon too, but I'm pretty sure they can be found at any office supply store.

589637612_traveldoc.jpg.62c8c91b026dcf116a3de7a738ea6f1d.jpg

Having been a science teacher for 38 years :D I like to use the computer to organize our trips creating a blank calendar including the dates of our trip from the time we eave home until we return. It organizes the stuff for me and all I have to do is attach it to email for family or leave one on the kitchen counter for our "cat babysitter". I print out a couple for DH and I to carry along.

...In the appropriate cells I put the itinerary info for that day as well as any excursions and their confirmation numbers.

...I usually include a sentence or 2 describing the excursion and the times.

...I also include hotel contact info and confirmation numbers on their corresponding dates.

...Lastly, I copy and paste web addresses for webcams in ports where we'll be so family can amuse themselves following us.:)

In blank areas I merge the cells and include the booking info, cabin number, insurance contact information, and how to contact us on the ship in case of emergency.

The method works for me - I start the calendar right after we book then add this other info as it happens so it's not a big task to be done in a day.

What I take with me NOT on the calendar are extra luggage tags, copies of our passports, and phone numbers if there's a credit card problem.

Edited by summersigh

I always print out a sheet with a cute pic of a ship and then my name, dates of cruise, cabin number and then cell numbers of the phones that I have with me and put at the top of each checked suitcase. The font is always large and bright.

And since having an issue with getting the correct OBC I make sure to have a copy of the itemized bill stating the OBC. I was shorted 200.00 OBC last year and had nothing to prove it.:mad:

I would advise against ever putting a picture of your credit card or even the numbers on your phone. If the phone is ever lost and somebody finds it, they now have your credit card number.

Not if your phone is locked. That encryption can be hard to break. And if it is breakable, it will take so long for the finder to get in that you will have plenty of time to cancel your lost credit cards (and probably even receive your new ones in the mail).

...Lastly, I copy and paste web addresses for webcams in ports where we'll be so family can amuse themselves following us.:)

Web cam? Please tell me more? I have only ever been on 1 vacation without my 14 year old brother, but I have never been out of phone/text contact for more than a few hours with him. He has major anxiety when I am away. The one and only thing I am not looking forward to about this cruise is not getting to do our daily "Good morning", "I love you... No I love you more....." "Good night and sweet dreams" calls and texts. :(

Web cam? Please tell me more? I have only ever been on 1 vacation without my 14 year old brother, but I have never been out of phone/text contact for more than a few hours with him. He has major anxiety when I am away. The one and only thing I am not looking forward to about this cruise is not getting to do our daily "Good morning", "I love you... No I love you more....." "Good night and sweet dreams" calls and texts. :(

It's not the kind of webcam you can talk to someone through. Think like a traffic camera, only overlooking the port area.

You might want to consider getting the social media package on the ship to keep in touch via Facebook and the like. I believe it is only $5 a day.

Not if your phone is locked. That encryption can be hard to break. And if it is breakable, it will take so long for the finder to get in that you will have plenty of time to cancel your lost credit cards (and probably even receive your new ones in the mail).

Exactly....just ask the FBI...