Advice Needed

rbslos18

We have booked an overseas Princess cruise for next Summer. My wife and I have two elderly parents, one who is in a nursing home and is not in good health.

Would we be better off getting the Princess trip cancellation insurance or a regular trip cancellation policy? The Princess policy advantage is it allows cancellation for any reason but covers less medical and does not have the pre-existing illness waiver like the non-Princess policy.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

We have booked an overseas Princess cruise for next Summer. My wife and I have two elderly parents, one who is in a nursing home and is not in good health.

Would we be better off getting the Princess trip cancellation insurance or a regular trip cancellation policy? The Princess policy advantage is it allows cancellation for any reason but covers less medical and does not have the pre-existing illness waiver like the non-Princess policy.

We do not know you at all. Only you can answer that question.

DON

You should check with a travel insurance broker like

http://www.TripInauranceStore.com

They can tell you whether there is a policy that would work for your *specific* situation, and then you can compare the wording with the Princess insurance.

We always get third party travel insurance, and have had claims paid without nonsense.

You should check with a travel insurance broker like

www.TripInauranceStore.com

They can tell you whether there is a policy that would work for your *specific* situation, and then you can compare the wording with the Princess insurance.

We always get third party travel insurance, and have had claims paid without nonsense.

Agree with GeezerCouple, highly recommend tripinsurancestore. We always purchase our insurance thru them and they always work with us to get the right coverage for our specific needs. Good luck.

I'd like to run something past y'all and see if there is a flaw in my thinking. My credit card covers my travel cancellation and interruption right down to if my pet gets sick. My supplemental medical covers with a $250 deductible. So I do not need anything but evacuation. I've never bought insurance before so had no idea about any of this coverage before but looks to me like I am pretty well covered. I would appreciate hearing if I'm missing something here.

Check the limits on your supplemental coverage. If it is a Medicare supplement, you may have only $50,000 coverage.

Also, check to see what the credit card says about pre-existing conditions if that is an issue for you.

What credit card allows you to cancel if your pet gets sick? I'd be interested in getting that one.

Edited by Babr

Agree with GeezerCouple, highly recommend tripinsurancestore. We always purchase our insurance thru them and they always work with us to get the right coverage for our specific needs. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Steve at http://www.tripinsurancestore.com was amazing. He is informative and a wealth of knowledge. We purchased a policy from him today.