Epic vs Escape vs Getaway, which to choose?

Doc2725

Just returned from Getaway today. Didn't know how important Vibe would be but I wouldn't have spent a minute on that pool deck! Had 2 large balcony rooms on 9 that the family loved so would have spent more time there. Had the 10:30 to 11 check in time and arrived at 10:15. Was checked in by 10:30. Totally smooth but boarding group 11. Don't know how many groups? Our 1st NCL experience. boarding started promptly at 12 but in group 11, thought no way we'd get Vibe. Went straight to 6, short line at Gueat Services And they had a big stack of the Vibe vouchers remaining. Could have gotten one of the 5 cabanas. Was shocked! But, it made our trip. Could barely stand to walk through the main pool area on the Getaway. Even the teens struggled with it. They used the slides on a slow port day. Good luck!! Worthy venture for sure.

One more thought... We didn't like the ports the Getaway utilizes on the Western side. We LOVED the ship, but not sure why NCL found Belieze City or Roatan appropriate vacation destinations. We lived in China, traveled all over Asia and never felt unsafe. Outside of a guided tour, these places didn't feel safe at all. We were accousted outside port in Belieze and offered to pay for protection. We got our teen girls back to the ship quickly. We toured the city in Roatan and its a terribly impoverished city lacking basic infrastructure. It felt inappropriate to tour. I wanted to help. Not galk. Cozumel doesn't have nice Caribbean beaches. And, with no private island, we got to spend $250 extra for a beach day at a barely serviceable beach. Unless you are diving I just don't get it. I've been to the eastern Caribbean a few times but I found this inappropriate for vacationing. Should have been a mission trip!

What's weird about them, please? Thinking of sailing Epic next time around, after twice on the Getaway and one Escape. Thought it'd be good to try a different one for the various shows, dining, etc. I'd sail either of the other two again for sure

The sink is in the main part of the cabin and you have 2 very small individual "rooms" for the toilet and shower. It's cramped, at best. It was ok for me, as I am short, but I was still hitting my elbows on the walls when using the toilet. lol

I would pick according to itinerary. That's what I did when I picked the Getaway. It was going to 3 ports I haven't been to, The Escape goes Eastern, and in my opinion, not an interesting itinerary. The Epic also goes western, but again, the itinerary isn't very inviting, thanks mostly to Ocho Rios. This is only my opinion. I'm sure others love the itineraries that I don't like.