Booking directly with RCI

Two questions

I know that I need to call about the RFS, but what about the other family categories - do all of these require a call to RCI?

When booking, can I do this through C&A or should I just call the direct line? I have always just used the direct line but have seen others mention calling C&A.

Thanks,

Any category that has a minimum occupancy of more than 4 requires a call to Royal or your travel agent. Also, the minimum occupancy can change, so you might find a family category for sale on the website for one cruise, but not another.

Not sure about whether C&A can book a totally new cruise. I've used them to assign a cruise to an open booking, but they might send you to another department for a totally new booking.

Any category that has a minimum occupancy of more than 4 requires a call to Royal or your travel agent. Also, the minimum occupancy can change, so you might find a family category for sale on the website for one cruise, but not another.

Not sure about whether C&A can book a totally new cruise. I've used them to assign a cruise to an open booking, but they might send you to another department for a totally new booking.

I've always booked directly with C&A, have never been transferred ...however I now call the D+desk...but before that who ever answered the phone would make the new bookings.

I've always booked directly with C&A, have never been transferred ...however I now call the D+desk...but before that who ever answered the phone would make the new bookings.

I second what Ashland, wrote I have never had a problem.

Mac

Appreciate the info.:)

FYI, there is no longer a dedicated D+ desk. They are the same agents that everyone gets. Pressing "9" just moves you up in the queue and alerts whomever answers the call that you are D+.

FYI, there is no longer a dedicated D+ desk. They are the same agents that everyone gets. Pressing "9" just moves you up in the queue and alerts whomever answers the call that you are D+.

"Dedicated" or not...they answer quickly saying D+ desk..and take care of what ever I'm calling about and seem to always have the correct answer's... But odd that whenever I do call there seems to be a few certain ones that always tend to answer (as I note their names)...coincidence or do they route certain calls to the more experienced reps :confused:

Have used the same Certified Vacation Planner at RCCL since 2007. Erika goes out of her way to make certain I get the best cabin available and makes certain I get all discounts I am eligible for.

Two negatives with TA's enough for me. Not even if they paid for my cruise.