couple massage

I've thought numerous times of booking a couple's massage, but I get the impression from reviews that it ends up being half massage and half high pressure sales pitch, and I don't react well to the latter. Anyone with personal experience to share?

-- Kevin

I've thought numerous times of booking a couple's massage, but I get the impression from reviews that it ends up being half massage and half high pressure sales pitch, and I don't react well to the latter. Anyone with personal experience to share?

-- Kevin

We did one for our anniversary on Radiance last year. From what I remember we got the full 50 minute massage, then a brief sales pitch, then we went to the fitness area to get our feet measured. That was a bit of a long sales pitch for shoe inserts, but it wasn't mandatory. They asked us if we were interested in getting our feet analyzed and trying the inserts and we agreed to it.

Did it once on a Princess cruise. The atmosphere was great, the massage was great, and I would do it again but there was indeed a sales pitch at the end for very overpriced products. I had been warned about this on Cruise Critic so we firmly said no thank you in a very pleasant way and the sales pitch ended.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

I always tell them up front not to waste their time with a sales pitch as I am not buying. Never had anyone try to sell me anything after informing them in advance. Works for me. Try it.

We did this in Labadee twice. It was nice. We were up on a hill under open air private 'cabana' like set up. We heard the waves (and a bit of the beach crowd, but not to badly) and once there was a light rain so we heard that on the trees. So much nicer hearing the real sounds versus a cd. For us though, paying that price to do a couples massage on the ship, we can do cheaper at home with our regular massage therapists.

Erika