Queen Elizabeth late leaving Greenock

goodsailors

I wonder if anyone knows the reason why Queen Elizabeth was around 3 hours late leaving Greenock today.

My curiosity is raised by the fact she was 2 hours late leaving Stornoway, the previous port. The reason for this, as I understand it was that as Stornoway is a tender port and 3 tenders broke down and as they are used as lifeboats the ship could not sail without fully operational lifeboats, something I had never thought about before.

Greenock is not a tender port but I wonder if they were still having issues with them so were unable to sail on time.

We left Greenock roughly on time, it was all aboard by 8.30pm. Stornoway was another matter, as you said due to three tenders not being operational. extremely long wait at Stornoway to get on a tender back to the ship....

Thanks for the reply Durante. the local media and maritime tracking web site all stated she was departing at 5pm hence why a few hundred people turned up then to see her off albeit sitting in their cars sheltering from the rain. We waited till just after 6 and as there was still no pre-departure smoke coming out her funnel assumed the departure was not going to be soon.

Hope you are having a good trip.